Ban Appeal: an avoidable misconception - Rotciv Iilems/AbominationBanisher

Byond Account: AbominationBanisher
Character Name(s): Rotciv Iilems 
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234):
Round ID of Ban: 17485

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): As a Security Officer, after being injected with mutations by a Janitor, arrested them, perma’d them, then harmbatoned and welded them to death in perma without approval. This has been moved to a ban as you disconnected in Brig before I could contact you.
State your appeal:

Hey. Looks like there’s a bit of a confusion here, and I think it would’ve been sorted out if I didn’t have to go so soon. I’m not really appealing because I care about the three day ban, I just don’t think that I deserve the note on my record.

He was only killed because he told me that he killed a “young woman” while I was bringing him to the brig, so I asked cap for permission to execute him for the capital crime of murder. I got a “yes” in security chat, so I proceeded with the execution. Without the confession of murder (which he didn’t bother to claim to be a joke IIRC (I heavily recall this, and I don’t recall any pushback from him at all, he seemed bored with the round to be honest), I wouldn’t have killed him, and this definitely wasn’t some infantile rage kill that I just proceeded with without regard for space law.

Well, that’s about it. Have a good one.

I also explicitly remember waiting a good chunk of time and asking cap multiple times until he replied so I think that you got the part about “without permission” wrong which is understandable because I wasn’t there to reply to you.

Sorry this took so long to get around to. I was able to find you getting authorization for the execution from the captain in the logs, so this note has been removed from your account. Sorry for the delay in getting this squared away.

1 Like