Ban Appeal - autrileux

Byond Account: autrileux
Character Name(s): Kelvin Winton
Round ID of Ban: 25602
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):

Access Denied.

Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Autrileux) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Round 25602 - Core 2 - Valid hunting atmos engineer and chaplin trap a soul - #2 by Sheets - as a non security crewmember, went after someone and murdered them because the CE said they were a traitor. This is blatant valid hunting and it is clear you didnt bother to read our rules during your recent 3 day ban. This ban (BanID #37662) was applied by Sheets on 2023-04-24 23:59:09 during round ID 25615. The ban is for 7 days and expires on 2023-05-01 23:59:09 (server time).

State your appeal:

For the entire round, another atmos tech was teaching me how to make hydrogen metal
Suddenly CE yelled in comms that a chef was attacking him in engi maints.
I break into the fire axe case, grab the axe and some gear from atmos lockers.
I go to maints where I see a bloody CE and a chef.
I kill the chef and immediately pick him up and run to medbay.
When I was waiting at the medbay doors, some random person pulled the chef’s soul out of his body.

My intention was not to ruin a round for anybody. I felt I responded to a cry for help in a roleplay manner, and then responded to a life and death situation in a roleplay manner. Finally, I took immediate action to bring the other player back into the game again. I felt bad that that the chef’s soul was pulled out of his body. If I knew that was going to happen I would have done more to stop it.

I don’t think what I did was blatant valid hunting, but rather typical SS13 gameplay that I witness every round. There’s confusion, there’s chaos, and people can mess up even if they try to do the right thing.

I know how it feels to have promising rounds ruined by griefers so I do my best to play fair. I genuinely thought that I was RPing a time sensitive emergency, but in the future I will stay safe and call security instead of taking action myself.

Please reconsider my 7 day ban.

3 Likes

Judging by the logs, the CE clearly stated over comms that they were A-being attacked and B- in their office, so it makes sense that someone nearby would go check. Valid hunting is meant to prevent you from seeking out antags; responding to people calling for help nearby does not fall under valid hunting. Furthermore, the logs support that you did take the critted chef to medbay, which is in line with our escalation policy. This ban has been appealed. You should be able to log in to the server; if not, please let me (or another admin) know.