Ban Appeal: Ishiro

Byond Account: Ishiro
Character Name(s): Jack Daugs?  (Sorry, I don't remember.)
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): Was Captain Jack Sparrow? Now it's Longe. (Email issues)
Round ID of Ban: Unsure

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): State your appeal: Do not recall and Im actually unsure if I’m banned from the server tbh. Been unable to try as my computer is currently being worked on.

Roughly a year and a half ago I had left the server, only to return a little after with a toxic attitude. Although to be honest, I had a toxic attitude for quite some time before that. Throughout my time as an admin and as a player I was not the best to people. I was uncaring in some regards, and a bit of a narcissist. I’m not trying to play a pity card by any means, just that I’m not embarrassed by the amount of progress I’ve made since then in my personal life. At the time of my banning from the discord (and the server?) I had said many hateful things, alluded to some other staff members as persuing relations with younger individuals, and I’m pretty sure I bullied people from the server. I even threatened to build another server up, which I lost steam for a week following; it wasn’t worth it. It was not the best of times.

A few days ago, after remeniscing with a buddy about playing ss13 in 2008-2010, I thought to myself “I wonder how Fulp and the community is doing.” Of course, reddit wasn’t a good representation of that obviously. I decided I’d just check in on the discord with the knowledge that I’d have to face some of the awful things I had done in the past. I’m unsure entirely what all I need to apologize for, I know a few people I’d really like to message just to tell them that I’m sorry and actually quite appreciative of some of the words they used back then. I needed someone to talk to me that way to seek the help I needed. I don’t intend on playing on the server as I find it too stressful and unhealthy for me, as such I’m sure this appeal might seem moot. In truth, I’m okay with that, I understand. I would like to pop in the discord from time to time to see how everyone is doing, and I still want to be more specific when it comes to who and what I’m apologizing for, however the year and a half makes it difficult to remember exactly all of it.

In any sense, I want to show that I want to take ownership for who I was and would like a chance to show the staff and community, those who know and those who don’t, that I’m not the same person that I was. Sorry if I butchered this. (And, yes, I’m still awful at typing up anything.)

I barely remember who you are or what the drama around you entails, so I feel comfortable handling this appeal as unbiasedly as possible.

I’m glad to hear that you’ve made progress and that you recognize that some of your behavior before the ban was unacceptable. That being said, the stability of the staff team and our community is my top priority, and I don’t really see welcoming you back as conducive to this. The community has changed drastically (for the better, in my opinion) since you’ve left. We’ve done a lot of work revising our rules to emphasize Fulp as a welcoming, inclusive place since then, and some of the tamer things you’ve said would warrant a permaban nowadays. It’s also a bit strange to want to rejoin the Discord without having any intention of being on the server and part of the community; almost no one you would remember is still here except for a very small handful of old timers.

Again, I’m glad that you’re happy with the progress you’ve made and are apologizing, but that doesn’t mean anyone is obligated to accept that apology or welcome you back with open arms. This is denied.

Hope you find peace in whatever future endeavors you have.

4 Likes