Ban Appeal: Smoothbrained Man

Byond Account: Smoothbrained Man
Character Name: Oliver Klosov
Round ID of Ban: 16358

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Screenshot - 0474531ab31da8c6b0ca30fbd66e21c7 - Gyazo
State your appeal:

30 years ago, when I was but a child, I remember holding the hand of my father as he died. I sunk into my chair in the hospital room, the rain at the window tapping, and the sound of the medical equipment keeping him alive. When you see someone in the state my father was in, it truly changes your view of them as a person. It is as if they are someone entirely different, a husk of the person you once knew. I remember taking walks and playing in the yard with him before his illness overtook him. I could not see the man I once knew, but rather a desperate shell, clinging onto his life. There was nothing else to do but comfort him. It’s a troubling lesson for a young man to learn, and my mother could not cope with the stress of my father’s death, and walked out, leaving me to fend for myself. I finally came to terms with their departure. I watched as my father passed, and listened to his final death rattle, all energy and vibrancy being sucked away. He flat-lined while I watched, the only sound being an echoing hum, with raindrops tapping the glass. I have never felt a worse pain trickle through the depths of my very being. It was absolutely the worst night of my life, until the day I was permanently banned from dead chat and OOC on Fulpstation.

It was a quiet Thursday night, and I had been playing my favorite station in the whole world: Fulpstation of course. After a fun round with my favorite community, we began a discussion in dead chat. To pass the time between the rounds, we told each other cheesy jokes, most sounding as if from the lips of a child, or at the least, a very immature teenager. All of my good friends were there, my favorites from the SS13 Fulpstation community. Had they not been there to comfort me after the incident, I likely would have taken the same route as my father, and instantaneously died of a broken heart. Anywho, back to the story. After some particularly funny jokes from Mr. AndBallz23 and Seth Feces, I felt pressured to keep up the pace. I had run short of unfunny dad jokes and inappropriate one-liners, and was begging God on my hands and knees for any material possible. A sign to keep moving forward. Ever since the divorce, God has been my rock and stone. He has guided me in the few places where Fulpstation could not, such as my opiate addiction. The Lord did not respond to my prayer, and I sat without any jokes in OOC, embarrassed and afraid. In my moment of great weakness, I called upon dark powers to satisfy my insidious desires. Satan himself opened his hands and presented me with what I sought out.

In that moment, I recalled a time when I was with my uncle as a child. He was spending a lot of time with me, helping me to cope with my father’s death. I was only 8 years old when he offered me my first drink. After a night at the bar with my uncle, the barkeep making sure my drink was always topped off, I looked for humor in the dark chapter of my life. ​My uncle responded with a joke that has sadly returned on Fulpstation to reap the souls of the innocent. I should never have repeated what I heard that fateful night. The memory shot to the front end of my mind, and I typed without thinking. By the time I had hit the enter key on the keyboard on the library computer, it was too late. :cowboy_hat_face: My words rang out across the server for all to hear. In my drunken stupor, I neglected the idea that the pen was mightier than the sword. I will quote my past self here, if only to bring about more truth in this lie filled world.
“What is the difference between a gay man and a freezer? A freezer doesn’t fart when you take meat out of it.”
And thus marks the beginning of the end of my entire life. I recognize now the heinous nature of my statement. At the time, I justified it as not being an instance of targeted hate, but as something so disproportionately out of pocket and unacceptable that it would slide as irony. I know now, in my sober state, that this was wrong in many ways. I feel that this experience has opened my eyes to greener pastures, and I plan to overcome my alcoholism and opiate addiction entirely due to this situation. I understand the need for punishment, but I believe there is only one thing that truly helps to rid the world of toxicity and bigotry: redemption. I have been permanently stranded on an island of those who do not seek to better themselves, when what I truly need is a temporary stay, if only to gain a greater appreciation for the luxuries of Fulpstation OOC and dead chat. My behavior was disgusting, but similarly to overcoming my alcoholism with rehab, I must overcome this beast by confronting it.

Thank you for your time, I love you all, God bless America :pray:

3 Likes

Considering the mood of that round and your lack of previous notes like this, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt this time and reduce your ban to 3 days from the time of banning. Though, please do know that any more sexual or homophobic comments will likely result in a full permanent server ban.