Ban on round 9951

• Byond Account: Madsenanders
  • Character Name(s): Kaitlin Schrader
  • Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): kk#5372
  • Round ID of Ban: #9951
  • Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):
    You have been banned by TTGNASA from the server.
    Reason: Round ID #: 9951
    Rules Broken: Core 2
    Reason: You beat the mime to death that was cuffed to the chair in the escape shuttle brig for no reason as security. This is against our rules.
  • State your appeal: I’m not going to pretend I didn’t do anything wrong but I feel like a 3 day ban is excessive given the context. The mime intentionally threw blue space tomatoes at a prisoner to make them escape and was also throwing them while in the shuttle to try and get people teleported into space. As far as I am concerned this is at least grand sabotage which can be punished by death. Of course I know that you generally need Captains permission and can’t authorize it as a security officer, but I was just annoyed that a mime was so clearly griefing. I killed him roughly 1 minute before the round ended so I don’t really feel like he lost anything. A 3 day ban seems pretty excessive for this.

I agree that a server ban is a little excessive here. I’ve switched it to a role ban from security for 3 days. You should be able to join the server as any non-security role. Please note that getting a job change to security during your ban will be considered ban evasion, and brush up on space law in the meantime.