Grief Patrol wrongfully searched (maybe)

Byond Account: Madsenanders

Character Name(s): Marley Harshman

Discord Name: kk (haven’t joined the discord)

Round ID: 10418

Griefer Byond account: Hood Milk

Griefer Byond name: Vae

What happened: I don’t really know if I’m in the wrong here, I might be, because I can’t find specifically what Code Blue allows on Fulp. I always assumed you needed probable cause aka the person being searched should be suspected of a crime or have committed a crime, if they haven’t done anything wrong you don’t have cause to search. At least that is how I think Code Blue works but can’t find on fulp wiki if this is how it works on fulp.

What happened is that I was a syndicate. I had a double esword in my bag. HoP gave me AA for helping them. I walk in on Captain Vae with my AA as a joke and even tell them I will leave if they want. I show them the license for AA that HoP had given me and Vae calls HoP over to confirm if I stole AA or not, which HoP confirms I didn’t. I offered to leave and proved that I hadn’t stolen AA so don’t feel like I committed any crimes and therefore there wasn’t probable cause to search me. I got executed. Vae said I was searched because of Code Blue which again I don’t know if fulp has different rules for Code Blue because I searched wiki and couldn’t find it. I feel like I didn’t do anything wrong and they had no cause to search me but I might be wrong about how Code Blue works here. The way Vae was talking about it implied you could search anyone for any reason under Code Blue

Code Blue allows for bag searches. Considering that you trespassed (having been given AA is not an excuse to be in a place you are not supposed to be), the person in question had also a valid reason to search you.

Also next time please wait for the actual round to end before writing a grief patrol.

1 Like