Jimmy Rustles appeal SM delam

Byond Account:Raidshadowlegends
Character Name(s):Jimmy Rustles
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234):kekz#2563
Round ID of Ban:12988
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): adawd — ImgBB
State your appeal: I didn’t delam the engine, not on purpose anyways if it was my fault. Two or three times throughout the shift, a guy in a rad suit, Janek Williet(i think thats the name??) kept unwrenching pipes off the cooling loop, I had to fix it everytime because as soon as he did, it would catch fire. I went to set up a CO2 douse to kill fires inside, walked away to decontaminate, the screen shook, I walked back, and it was exploded. I got glomped a few times by slimes while trying to get in there and salvage the situation because honestly it was only a couple holes in the floor, I could have saved it, but the slimes messed me up bad, then the vacuum of space next to the SM sucked me in and dusted me. I had already been playing for like 8 hours and was nodding off so I just closed my laptop since I was dust anyways.

1 Like

Jalen did disconnect the coolant loop pipe ~twice but you still had a blatant attempt at a telsa delam.

You disconnected the air to distro pipes.
Briefly connected the CO2 chamber to the distro putting CO2 into distro.
Disconnected the NO2 pipe spilling NO2 into atmos and didn’t clean it up.
Connected the CO2 chamber pipe to the atmos to engine pipe.
Helped a traitor steal a sliver of the SM crystal as CE.
Placed an injector in the SM Chamber and turned it on flooding it with CO2 from the CO2 chamber.

You also printed about 100 matter bins, I’m guessing to slam into the SM crystal. There was literally no reason for you to inject CO2 into the SM as you can see in the pictures below and the majority of the time you were running around green.

This led to the shuttle and atmos being blown up and all of the station being flooded with plasma due to the breach in the plasma chamber.

Pictures: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I won’t argue your decision to keep the ban, it’s only 3 days. However I did want to point out a couple things I think you may have misunderstood and assumed were sabotage or may not know due to some finer points of SM management.

1. Slamming stock parts into the SM is a trick used to increase power and rads without introducing any new gas into the lines. If you have a solid cooling loop, this is nothing but a net gain. I slammed 800 into the SM. Not 100.

2. Connecting a CO2 injector into the chamber and using it responsibly is an incredibly efficient way to douse even the spiciest of SMs. Since it was already sabotaged twice (and saved by me twice) I wanted to set up a douse system so the AI can just flip a switch for roughly 4 seconds and kill the flames.

3. Disconnecting distro was my fault ill own that. I honestly forgot that Fulpstation added fastmos and still thought it was the OG system i.e. there’s enough air on the station under normal circumstances to last for quite a long time without atmos distro loop.

4. Hooking NO2/CO2 into distro was a mistake that I quickly unhooked. I just wasn’t paying attention and made a mistake. I wasn’t being malicious.

5. Yes I helped the two traitors get the SM sliver. The first reason, I was out numbered 2 to 1. I’m not super robust like some people are. I figured it was in my best interested not to die if I just gave them a piece and they went on about their business peacefully. The second reason I helped is because I would rather cut them a piece and be there to make sure the SM doesn’t explode rather than die and have them steal a piece then it delams because well they are traitors who cares if its broken. I had the stations well being in mind.

I hope this clears up some of my intentions.

1 Like

the person who replied isn’t an admin, so it has not been decided yet if the ban will be lifted or not

Oh. I had no clue. Well hopefully the additional information I added will help clarify my case as well anyways.

Connecting a CO2 injector into the chamber and using it responsibly is an incredibly efficient way to douse even the spiciest of SMs. Since it was already sabotaged twice (and saved by me twice) I wanted to set up a douse system so the AI can just flip a switch for roughly 4 seconds and kill the flames.

If this was true you would have called on the AI for help during the delam.

I set the injector up after the first two sabotage delams. The third I was kinda overwhelmed with explosions and slimes fucking me up and trying not to get vacuumed into the sm.

There is always a “well then you should have _____” but unless you’re in the moment then you don’t know how you’ll handle it then and there while under pressure.

exactly… sometimes you miss things when under pressure saying shit like “then you should of” doesn’t matter

Except, as shown in the pictures, the SM was fine and you turned on the injector and left it pumping all the gas from the CO2 chamber causing the third and final delam.

An oversight in the moment of things happening and just generally got overwhelmed a bit. I assure you it wasn’t intentional.

Consider the following. If I wanted to delam the engine, why would I have saved it from sabotaging traitors TWICE, instead of just let them??

2 Likes

Given the situation and your note history, this appeal is only partially accepted. This is just a temporary ban, and you made some awful decisions as CE that had a large impact on the round. I will be changing this from a server ban to a command ban for the remaining time of the 3 days.