Showmewhatyougot Dr_Canes

Byond Account: Dr_Canes
Character Name(s): [unknown]
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): Showmewhatyougot#2517
Round ID of Ban: 15378 or 15379
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Banned by Host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Dr_Canes) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Round 15378 - Core 2). Malicious acts. As a miner, you attacked and assisted in the killing someone who was not “valid” to kill. You have a bunch of notes like this. Please take a short break and read over our rules again. This ban (BanID #20422) was applied by Tom F Hardy on 2021-06-24 20:31:49 during round ID 15379. This ban is for 3 days and expires on 2021-06-27 20:31:49 (server time).
State your appeal: I was trying to, without lavaland weapons, prevent a crew-member from murdering a crew-borg that was continuously fleeing said crewmember. I conferred with mod Hazy that this was valid exception: Discord . I thought that friendly silicone players were included in the protecting others from murder stipulation, and I stopped when the attacker was in critical condition, and someone dragged the attacker to the medical compartment on the shuttle that we were on. This is why I think the defending was justified.

Since you specifically named me in this appeal I feel the need to clarify that I told you it is acceptable in our rules to put people into crit to end fights / attempted murders, or in this case attempted deactivation of a Borg. The ban reason states you assisted in killing someone which would be over escalation and against the rules.

I know nothing of the rest of the context of this ban so I can’t comment on it further, but please don’t imply I have exonerated you from wrong doing.

1 Like

Indeed, I only brought up your clarification of defending friendly crew from unwarranted murder/deactivation. I don’t know what the assist in killing thing is about; I stopped when the hostile crew was down and being dragged to medical on the shuttle. I suspect this is why they only assert that I assisted in killing instead of accusing me of killing.

Judging by the logs, it appears that you were following escalation correctly. I’ve noted the player who actually killed the person you were attacking and removed your ban.

1 Like