Why is there no roleplaying on fulp

Fulp: Is mrp

Great, where is the rp part of mrp?

1 Like

There is plenty of RP, it just has less a lot of the time because a large chunk of our playerbase are either new players who are focusing on learning their job, or people dealing with imminent threats such as nukies or blobs. Kind of hard to roleplay when you’re dying to nukies or aliens.

I’ve encountered tons of RP, and as a MD I RP as much as I can whenever I have time and medbay isn’t currently uninhabitable or full of corpses.

4 Likes

Define what is a RP

1 Like

It’s very much a “Be the change you want to see” situation here. Play an RP centered job like chaplain and shove your religion down everyone’s throat. Roleplay with the chef as a waiter and have patrons sit down and order drink and food and bring it to them. Play a curator reporter and interview antagonists or staff. Play a botonist and sell people weed. Play lawyer and be an HR representative checking departments to make sure everyone is getting breaks and treated properly.

The list goes on. If you put RP out there, you’d be surprised how often people will actually play along

4 Likes

sometimes a fun rp i like to do is have “sentient” blood that i need to feed other than myself so i inject food products into myself to feed my blood and then i drink water out of a mop bucket. i dont think anyone notices.

1 Like
1 Like

purely entertainment purposes. grug drank out of my bucket one time. he said it was refreshing.

2 Likes

Just an observation of mine.
From what I’ve observed it isn’t really that much encouraged for people to roleplay unless you really know who you’re roleplaying with since most of the gimmicks and gags you do will mostly get ignored or shut down by people.
Like let’s say I’m a traitor with a gimmick to be friendly or openly brandish syndicate ideologies and what not of course if you were a normal player your normal reaction would be to arrest me on spot for saying stupid shit and not go along with what ever I’m doing and I think that’s the big part of why gimmicks and roleplay isn’t that big well of course you can do your job and interact with people in your department and that would still be called “roleplay” but isn’t that just boring?
Second part is how security and laws are enforced in this server.
As an officer you’re expected to well do your job and enforce the law but when should we turn a blind eye and let the event fold out?
Security is so dead set on catching antagonist that it’s killing roleplay possibilities,Sure it’s their job to do that but shouldn’t we sometimes just let them escape to see if interesting things unfold?
Lastly is the Power Imbalance I strongly believe that roleplay is tied to how robust you are I’ve never seen anyone go play along with someone so unrobust you have to have a affinity for combat in this game if you ever want people to respect and go along with you although there are special exceptions to this case but a very few of them at that.

3 Likes

If you ever see Cor’vay or Heista, feel free to bother them :upside_down_face:

Issue with RP and Sec is that half the time that a sec officer tries to engage with an RP, antags usually take advantage of it and try to get the jump on the sec, cause to antags you’re either a major threat or a walking gear pinata. Playing sec can lead to trust issues and over-cautiousness. Only time its safe to RP as sec is when you are certain you have the upper hand if things get violent. There are exceptions like Sgt Winters and honestly im jealous of how chill that guy is as a sec officer without it biting him in the ass.

3 Likes

yeah yeah yeah I HATE ANTAGONIST TRY TO DESTROY THE STATION AS A OFFICER AND VICE VERSA

2 Likes

There is RP but its just… hidden by people who finally get antag and have permission to have fun so, Players who are crew try to combat the antagonist like a battlefield 1 kit, Sentry kit just spawned and your teams rushing to get it, Like fulp. Theres a antag, Crew rushing to kill that antag. I play SS13 for the shits and gigs but also for a competitive experience like sec, I never play sec but if I was I would be doing my job. Thats what I like about SS13, It gives you a job and you learn or do that job then if theres a antag, Your job can help out a certain way kinda like battlefield 1s kits, If your a sentry kit your good for pushing since your a jugg with a LMG or flamer to flush the enemy out. A certain job has a certain use in a emergency, Medical teams to treat medics. Engineers to fix the station when it gets fucked. Sec to combat the antag. Command to guide their compartments and science, Na science is shit R.I.P bozo

Idk I RP all the time as any job just to give it flavor and make people entertained because it can be really dry and boring outside of that. The last round I had played I was just a curator who was makin’ a ton of money, made little forms for command to sign/stamp so I could get “grants” (fuck ton of money) just so I could amass wealth and build the supercomputer I wanted. During that time I deadass got to join some kinda “voting committee” right beside the Captain and Head of Personnel, got to go into the AI core and buddy up with the AI, take them out and hang with then for twenty minutes, speak to them in the encoded language, and so on and so forth. RP is easy and fun and simple, or it can be deep and diverse, it doesn’t have to just be a gimmick. Just simple shit can get you far.

That whole situation I had with being part of some sort of “committee” could even be taken advantage of if I was a traitor, but I still had a lot of fuckin’ fun as a crew member. I even had sec come by while I was outside the minisat like “Oh it’s the commissar.” and just walk away. I’ve had lots of situations as antag where just RPing it out if you’re nonlethal or don’t seem like a traitor immediately, or even when I’ve been caught with a (literal) skeleton in my closet, I’ve gotten out of it. It can be used as an important tool, and for just makin’ others and yourself just have a better time in general.

2 Likes

I will ban you if you RP on Fulpstation.com

7 Likes

^ fun police

1 Like

Time to spend 20 tc on money briefcases and rp as a eccentric rich fish

1 Like

my gimmick is murder (i roleplay as a serial killer)

3 Likes

i roleplay as apathetic so i can kill people because idc about it and like bombs and stuff i am a good roleplayer

This reminds me of:
“For yes, I did kill the chef, I am guilty of the murder, is it really an offense? as that type of behaviors is fairly common and fun game. They state how it’s not roleplay, when the victim did anger my character, and I also had the apathetic trait, logically making these sort of actions understandable in the least,” and so on.

One of my favorites

Yes, I did kill the chef, I am guilty of the murder, is it really an offense? as that type of behaviors is fairly common and fun game. They state how it’s not roleplay, when the victim did anger my character, and I also had the apathetic trait, logically making these sort of actions understandable in the least. I would believe it would fall under roleplay, since with this these actions, causes consequences, having officers on my tail and everybody doing their part of “oh there’s a murder!” and so on. These sorts of things happened a lot with non-antag players and it makes the game fun and thrilling, Your admin insisted that it wasn’t roleplay, when I fairly see it as a very played out scenario you could say. Not only has your admin not denied this fact but many and many others told me so, people/players that are: Officers, Borgs, (or any other form of law or roles with high morality) have a certain code that they have to be the “good guys” and such, how they have a code to follow and never break it, but when it comes to other roles, in this instance a bartender, they’re neutral, they can be pretty much a “wild kid” who knows if the stranger could be a friend or foe, having to watch your back but at the same time trusting the bartender for a safe drink, or a chef for un poisoned food, we all have a job to do, but we also have neutral moralities. Anyways, at this point I feel like I’m repeating myself and I also wish to hear a reply, I would be happy to discuss about anything and see how this goes.

2 Likes