Byond Account: banement
Character Name(s): Altjira XC
Discord Name: sonicdragolgo
Round ID: 32426
Date: 06/06/2024
Griefer IC name: Bennett Sidian
Griefer Byond account (if known): KingStonefish

What happened:
TLDR: Captain refused to secure disk, I briefly arrested him for dereliction to secure it myself, he spends the rest of the round malding.

Bennett Sidian was HOP turned acting captain. At some point, the captain said he was going to go mining in his Clarke mech. I asked where the disk was, and he said he ‘hid it’. Hiding the disk is not securing it. He was refusing to grab the disk, and refused to hand it to anyone else as there was no other command. AI let me get a pinpointer to locate the disk, and I found it pointing to HOP’s locker.

Bennett said I “stole the pinpointer” and tried to disable me. He ran out of the HOP office and then I arrested him. I didn’t tell him the crime, but it was for dereliction of command. After doing that, I grabbed his ID, took the disk from the locker, put his gun in the locker, and took him to brig to figure out what to do. On the way there, he was aggressive and insulted me many times, not that I care about it, it was really funny to me.

Got to brig, talked with Xin Lee who had just arrived. After he carried on exchanging some words to me, I eventually let him off cuffs but I hesitated as I didn’t trust him not to attack me straight afterwards. I gave his ID back, he said I was demoted and ran off. Came back, tried to get me to hand him my ID. I gave the disk to Xin as I needed to go to lavaland myself, and walked past the cap. He confronted me in cargo later about the same thing, we had a small fight but he ran off again. I went to lavaland to make a delivery of solars and food to what I thought was a hermit, but was actually two syndies. For going “AWOL”, the captain declared me a fugitive. I defected to the lavaland base and stayed there til round end.

Before the shuttle arrived, the BSA was built and captain tried to shoot me with the BSA. Somebody had put a GPS with my name on the station, so captain blew that up instead.

In OOC the next round, he said:

I didn’t think this would be such a big deal but I was the Warden this shift and I saw part of what happened, but if you want my 2 cents from my experience dealing with “bad captains” as a security officer, no matter what the situation entails is not your job to arrest head of staff unless given explicit permission by either the captain or Cent Com, ontop of all of this you also refused direct orders and went to the mining base which declared you AWOL because you weren’t at your duty station and abandoned your post by doing “charity work” I was not here for the whole situation but those were the discrepancies I saw while working with the captain to fix the situation. If I got any of this information wrong I would love to hear your argument and it will change my stance on the situation.

I more so GP’d his excessive toxicity; saying “I don’t like women” in OOC later because I upset him is both funny, sad, and also quite mean… At least Altjira got gendered correctly?

no matter what the situation entails is not your job to arrest head of staff unless given explicit permission by either the captain or Cent Com

As there was no staff and he was the only head, I decided to make an arrest as I believed the station would be at risk of I didn’t intervene. In hindsight, this could’ve mostly been avoided if I had waited for him to leave and then ask AI for the disk, as the AI was agreeing that shoving it into a locker wasn’t a good idea. The end screen said an infiltrator did get rolled, but I don’t think there were any ghosts to take it.

ontop of all of this you also refused direct orders and went to the mining base which declared you AWOL because you weren’t at your duty station and abandoned your post by doing “charity work”

I refused the captains orders as I was pretty certain he was going to kill me, and it seems I was right considering he attempted to blow me up with the BSA later. Generally my thinking was “he’s the acting captain, actually still the HOP, so he is not my department head, and I don’t need to listen to him”. This caused a lot of conflict so I’m not saying I was right, but that was my thought train at the time.

I was cargo sec, some people on radio wanted food and an order of solar crates down on lavaland. I intended to make that quick delivery and come back to cargo. Did that, was about to return, was called a fugitive, so I never came back, as I thought the captain would probably mishandle my demotion too considering how long the grudge was lasting (my heirloom was a security beret, and I had a thought he’d take that and not give it back).

Handled;
While the actions of acting cap were less than stellar that round, the way you handled it wasn’t perfect either, however given the situation and from what I can see in the logs I can’t blame you for doing so.
But please try to be a little more passive (I guess?) next time lol