Antag ban appeal DevinXoptoh

Byond Account:DevinXoptoh
Character Name(s): Chip Shafer
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234):Devin#1159
Round ID of Ban:12575
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Devil, Internal Affairs Agent, Malf AI, Monkey, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard, Hivemind Host, Heretic for 3 days - Antag 1.1- do not needlessly kill As a cultist, took a dead engineer to the SM engine without any need to do so. Round 12575
State your appeal:

The reason why I moved the body to the SM of the engineer was during the initial delamination of the Engine I noticed they were glowing green big time. After I saw that they were dead (Not my doing by the way, I wasn’t involved in their death at all) I still heard a geigar going off on their body.
Moving the engineer to medbay was not going to be possible without
A) Revealing I am a cultist.
B) Irradiating the station

I would of actually done something if I wasn’t cult, or if we wern’t 20 seconds away from having halos However taking the body with a halo to medical would just look extremely supicious.

As an Antagonist you don’t need to put yourself at risk to save someone else’s life.
But you also shouldn’t make their recovery harder so let’s check the logs to see what happened.

[2021-02-06 17:24:11.189] ATTACK: (Ace Amadeus) has attempted to inject (Ace Amadeus) with the epinephrine medipen (Epinephrine, Formaldehyde and Sanguirite) (NEWHP: 22.8) (Engineering (113,71,2))
[2021-02-06 17:26:55.658] ATTACK: (Ace Amadeus) has died (BRUTE: 9, BURN: 111.2, TOX: 3, OXY: 97, CLONE: 0) (Engineering (113,62,2))
[2021-02-06 17:27:30.763] ATTACK: (Cadan Arbor) has grabbed (Ace Amadeus) passive grab (NEWHP: -123.7) (Engineering (114,62,2))
[2021-02-06 17:27:50.375] ATTACK: (Cadan Arbor) has injected (Ace Amadeus) with the epinephrine medipen (Epinephrine, Formaldehyde and Sanguirite) (NEWHP: -139.3) (Engineering (124,73,2))
[2021-02-06 17:29:13.556] ATTACK: DevinXoptoh/(Chip Shafer) has grabbed (Ace Amadeus) passive grab (NEWHP: -154.9) (Engineering (122,74,2))
[2021-02-06 17:29:41.970] ATTACK: DevinXoptoh/(Chip Shafer) has shoved (Ace Amadeus) (NEWHP: -154.9) (Supermatter Engine (113,70,2))

From the logs, we can see that Ace died at the red square to burns but had almost no toxin damage (3 from Formaldehyde of the earlier Epipen on himself), this means that he had a Radsuit while working on the SM.
Cadan Arbor grabs Ace and drags him to around the blue square, likely so he stops being burned by the high temperature around the SM as he had no other attack logs that would give him burns and injects him with Formaldehyde for an easy revive.
Then you take him from that area and shove him inside the SM inner chamber at the green square.

That is completely unnecessary, you just made his situation a lot worse as now he is being bathed with even more radiation and SM gravity pulls could drag him inside to be dusted.
You could have just let him stay there or do the right thing and move him under a shower, which you should know since you play as Chief Engineer enough, so they get decontaminated. Instead, you just shoved them inside the SM inner chamber which would severely reduce any chance of revival that they had.

You also said he was “glowing green big time” which isn’t what was told by other parties, but again, even if he was fully contaminated it’s nothing that a few minutes under a shower wouldn’t fix.

Appeal Denied.

It’s a completely unnecessary round removal of someone that was likely just trying to keep the round going by doing his job to save the SM and not being an issue to the Cult in any way.

After further investiation, you have lied in this ban appeal. We have decided to transfer this ban to a server ban of one month. Take some time off and reflect on why you thought it was a good idea to lie in a 3 day antag ban rather than just sit it out.

1 Like