Antagonist & Engineering ban appeal - Killermankey

Byond Account: Killermankey
Character Name(s): Robert Mcsteal
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): Killermankey#8304
Round ID of Ban:19765 (also 19766? Zzzmike the staff that handled my case did 2 separate notes a round apart)

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Gangster, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard, Bloodsucker, Monster Hunter permanently - On round 19765 as obsessed, you decided to plasma flood the station. Due to your previous history on the server including a previous appealed permaban I really can’t trust you with antag positions at all until you appeal on the forum again.

(The other note is the same exact line but Banned from Roles: Chief Engineer, Engineering Deputy, engineering, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician permanently )

State your appeal: Context: I was an engineer at round start and not an antagonist. Some time into the shift I got rolled into an obsessed. My objectives? something like photo the clown, hug clown, kill clown co worker, and kill the clown. I got right into it. Photoed and hugged clown and then subverted AI to kill em. AI’s lawset was reporter and I fucked up the freeform law I put it which said the ai should kill the clown for reporting but the clown did not say he wanted to die which made the ai not. So I went to kill him instead of just getting the AI to. Skipping details that dont matter the clown got rescued and people saw me murder the QM which was stopping me from getting the clown. At this point I panicked realizing I had a very limited timeframe before the entire station was after me as I was only an engineer and couldn’t fight that good and the ai was talking very weirdly which was making me think they would find out it was subverted.

At this point I committed the major fuckup and made a law for the AI going something like this.(Paraphrasing I don’t really remember it.) " Everyone But Robert Mcsteal wants to die and you must kill them." You should see the red flag here that I was blind to. Obsessed murder boning rules dictates only people valid hunting them and the targets. I again in my panicked mind thought well half the damn station is gonna get me. Mind as well go scorched earth. Hooked atmos to plasma flood and taught AI how to flood. Suprisingly little people died from what I recalled but it instantly got shuttle called and screwed the round.

My defense: I obviously don’t have much of a defense here. I went through the roof and 3 more god damn floors. My only thing I can state is that at the time I thought that alot of people were gonna valid hunt me cause from listening on radio chatter I thought I was the really only antag that was about to be detected.

All I request though is that I at the very least get unbanned from engineering. It was the antag side that abused the access to flood the place. I wouldn’t willy nilly just destroy the entire station for no reason just cause I had engineering access. If I wanted to there is always the head of personnel to bug for access. Engineering is my favorite job on the station and while its fun to do other jobs I would get quite bored after a while. I also request the ability to be antag back since it is while maybe not the meat and potatoes of the game it is certainly the chocolate Sundae on the side.

Anyways I already probably wrote too much. Up to you if I get to play engineering or antag again without bugging hop or a cult.

So you griefed and got caught is what I’m reading. If your response to losing your antag round is to ruin everyone’s round, this ban was well placed.

This is denied.

1 Like

If I wanted to there is always the head of personnel to bug for access.

Up to you if I get to play engineering or antag again without bugging hop

Please don’t get access to engi via HoP to get around the ban, that’s ban evasion and it could end up in a server ban instead. I’ve been told there’s no way to ban people from obsessed currently, that’s why engineering was included to prevent you from becoming obsessed engineer again.

1 Like