Auto-Archiving Mentor Applications

Scrolling through the mentor apps, I noticed a lot of retired and rejected applications, mostly from before 2020. There are people from other servers with mentor apps, and there are multiple contributor and mentor applications for the same people that can’t be archived.
Because we used to have old mentor apps on discord that are now archived and considering the fan-art-and-stories has an automatic bot, is it possible the same could be coded for automatically archiving tagged applications after a certain while?
It’ll take a lot of the stress off the staff team, and it means people who’re thinking of applying for mentor won’t get dissuaded from seeing an entire list of people who are completely cut from this server.

1 Like

We keep apps up for transparency’s sake. As far as I’m aware, we have no plans on removing any threads from public access that don’t otherwise break forum or server rules.

1 Like

I suggest this because I noticed that you can search up people’s discord usernames and ckeys on Google and be able to find these mentor applications. It’s a potential breach of privacy for a player who isn’t on currently our staff, because nobody can delete these applications.
The fact that I can’t view any of the old mentor applications on the discord and yet I can find every single one on the forums here is imbalanced to newer staff as a result.
It’s also pretty good for the forum itself, it cleans 49/89 current applications dating back to August last year, including duplicate applications, making the forum applications easier to navigate, and leaves only the good examples of what fulpstation wants from their mentors, contributors, and moderation.
Not to mention how easy it is to set up, we already have “denied” as a tag, if you guys just use “denied” and “retired” tags to be automatically hidden after like… 3 months? You barely have to do any work.
I went around and asked the ex-staff and denied applicants their opinions on this, nobody has any objections, and there are certain people who advocate strongly on this. I already sent Wind evidence of this, meaning I don’t have to breach privacy in the process.

1 Like