B& for following the rules

Byond Account: AtomicWoody
Character Name(s): Cheanged Every time I roll Antag
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): n/a
Round ID of Ban: 18155 18204

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):Banned from Roles: Research Director, Science Deputy, science, Scientist, Roboticist, Geneticist for 3 days - Round 18155 - As a Roboticist, built a RD console and used it to research because there was no RD. The Captain offered to make you the acting RD, to which you refused because you didn’t want the ‘responsibility’ that comes along with it. If you don’t want to be Command, you shouldn’t be doing their jobs. This was moved to a ban for admin interaction rule 0. Reply PM from-AtomicWoody/(AtomicWoody): Please update the notes with "this guy tried to talk calmly about it the next round, and is sorry what they said was taken in petty way

“Banned from Roles: Research Director, Science Deputy, science, Scientist, Roboticist, Geneticist for 7 days - Round 18204 - Immediately after coming off your Science ban, you built an AI without RD or Captain approval, saying you assumed the person asking to be turned into an AI should be responsible for getting approval, rather than the Roboticist actually handling the work. If you don’t know how to properly play Science roles, I don’t see why we should let you play as them.”

State your appeal:
***1st case, 18155: I had captain approval to build an R&D console. To quote wiki "Non-Antagonist Crew Roleplay Standards
1.1). Crew members are expected to attempt the basics of their department. " Getting mining tech and upgrading components is the basics of the science department. The Start-of-round policy EXPLICITLY says that R&D consoles require Command approval, this was given. John Willard Attempting to use admin powers to FORCE a command role onto someone uninterested in the full job is not only stupid, it goes against “fun” which is the purpose of a “game.” Please Have John review the round-start messages, the Wiki, and What a Moderator’s job Actually is.

***2nd case: 18204. John uses their previous ban as a direct reason for the 2nd. The 1st goes against the Wiki and server rules. I had informed the R&D of the request To be made into an AI, The assistant in question had gone, I assumed to get the AI boad from the RD. The RD never told me NOT to do it, the captain likewaise raised no objections. These are easily seenn in Comm logs. MOD suits are a new system that only supports intellicards and in the direct previous 3 rounds multiple AI were constructed in robotics to test and play with the new features.

Additional notes to both of the above: How does Genetics, Scientist, Deputy, or RD apply to Roboticist problems If they actually exist? How are the comments left in any way acceptable? The comments left by the Moderator in question are flagrantly “ban baiting” from my perspective, quite obviously trying to “get me angry” so they’ll have an excuse to escalate again. When Captain approval was mentioned in the first case, the Moderator Continued with “ban baiting” then used the “are you bored?” question as an excuse to escalate the situation when the rules were clearly not broken in spirit or fact.

If you had issues with the first ban, you should have appealed it then. Though, that ban is valid anyway. You seem to have not learned from the admin interaction in that ban as well, considering how you wrote this appeal. I don’t like dealing with appeals that double as staff reports. Please remember that in future appeals you should only stick to the direct issue and not criticize. Save that for a staff report.

Denied.

1 Like