"Ban Appeal" - #28750

Byond Account: Caryatid
Character Name(s): Aida Something? It was a random name.
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234):Read Worm#6387
Round ID of Ban: 20026

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):

State your appeal:
Playing as RD at the start of a shift, another player was trying to break into my office using a welding tool to disassemble the window. I shoved him and took his welding tool (I think I put it in my bag?). He then shoved me back, took my bag, and ran down the hall with it. I followed him into Robotics where he proceeded to attack me with a crowbar and welding tool. We exchanged blows briefly hand-to-hand, he followed me into the RD’s office, and killed me, during which time I tried to call security. He tried to stuff me in my own locker, but failed when he realized it was locked.

I was banned for “provoking a fight,” “escalating it,” and disconnecting from the server after sec gave my murderer permission to space my corpse. I was also asked to re-read the server rules, and after reading them, I still don’t understand how I’m in the wrong.

The ban is only 3 days, I don’t mind serving the ban since it’s a negligible length, but I’d like someone to explain it to me (hence the quotation marks around “Ban Appeal.”) Someone tried to break into my office, I pushed them, they stole my entire bag, I chased them, hit them with my bare fists after they attacked me, was killed in my own office, barely fought back at all, and filed an ahelp about it after I was already dead. From my perspective as a player, literally nothing I did was against the rules, and saying it was “possibly banbaiting” is especially laughable to me because I have nearly 100 hours in Fulp and this is my first ahelp after dozens of shifts. Help me understand the thought process behind this, because without any other feedback I can only assume it’s because of a powertripping admin.

EDIT: I want to be clear that I never intended to get the offending player banned, nor am I lobbying for them to be punished post facto in any way. If the admin in question felt that my attacker did nothing wrong, then hey, whatever, it’s SS13, it’s a chaotic game. Sometimes shit like that happens. I just can’t wrap my head around how the admin “looked into it,” and decided to temp ban me just because they couldn’t reach me in-game. I mean, they could have easily just sent me a direct message on my Discord account, if all they wanted to do was send me a note. I thought that situations like this are the entire reason Fulp has Discord verification in the first place.

1 Like

This appeal has been accepted. You should be able to log in to the server now. If not, please let me (or another admin) know