Ban Appeal: Big Heart

Byond Account: Typhnox
Character Name(s): Big Heart
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): plutori#1934
Round ID of Ban: 16830

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Ban Reason - Album on Imgur
State your appeal: I was banned for “Do not needlessly kill”. I went up to dorms to have a safe place to spawn spiders using the traitor xeno syringe (I think its called australo-something or other?) in order to work on my 2 kill objectives. There was another guy , J.K Jenkins in the dorms as well. I told my golems to “subdue” Jenkins, so they cornered him and critted him, but did not kill him (for a while, anyway, he went into crit and eventually either died or succumbed, but it wasnt my intention nor my order, because if I wanted him dead, I would have, you know, told them to “kill” Jenkins. There is a reason he died from slowly suffocating to death in crit instead of just getting beaten to death - it was because I did not order them to “kill” him.), while I worked on the aforementioned spider project. The reason I told my golems to do this is so the spiders would not instantly be called out on comms and be useless, so even if the golems did beat him to death, it still gave me a clear advantage towards accomplishing my objectives even if he was not a direct target. But regardless, admin Horatio22 then messaged me to ask why my golems were killing Jenkins. I pointed out that I did not order my golems to kill him, I ordered them to subdue him, and also I even offered to go out of my way to take him to medbay if the admin would like me to. Horatio then effectively ignored everything I was saying and said my golems were killing him, even though I clearly watched as they beat him into crit, so of course I didn’t stop them, since they weren’t killing him. They critted him and then stopped punching him. I asked Horatio why they didn’t yell at the golems for killing the guy then, when my order was very clearly to “subdue” him. Horatio never responded to this question and just banned me.

So, in summary, I did not order my golems to kill Jenkins, even if I did order them to kill Jenkins it would have helped my objective by clearing out dorms for the spiders, I offered to take them to medbay in the ticket anyway, and the admin talked past me and banned me anyway, when I don’t think Jenkins complained in the first place.

Edit: Here is my ticket. https://i.imgur.com/0GreLXy.png

After this, admin Horatio never responded and just banned me. Someone tell me where I was “hostile”? I have several notes on my account where admins state that I’m a very understanding person even when I fuck up. But this admin clearly takes “not immediately agreeing with everything I say even when it is BLATANTLY wrong” as hostility, since they literally tried to say I said to kill Jenkins when I did not.

The hostility came from your demands, which I agree, comes off as hostile. “Go read my command I gave them.” “Then yell at them for not following the order I gave them?” are both pretty aggressive.

Anyway, you stood right there as your golems beat a person into hard crit just for existing. Their final damage count was at (BRUTE: 168, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 34.6667, CLONE: 0), meaning they were far past soft crit and died within minutes. They have to actually witness something to be considered valid to kill. In this case, you should have brought them to medbay or just not “subdued” them at all. Your golems are your responsibility. An order like “subdue” can be seen as an order to kill, and by not stopping that you may as well have ordered them to do just that. Killing someone so that you can set up an area to breed spiders is also not a valid reason.

This ban is valid, denied.