Ban Appeal dan2wik

Byond Account: dan2wik
Character Name(s): Untrix
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): dan2wik
Round ID of Ban: 27053

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Banned from Roles: silicon, AI, Cyborg for 3 days - Silicon expectations - As a cyborg on station efficiency, removed a wall in order to space cult crew, breaking law 1 and law 2. This job ban is in progression. Round 27053
State your appeal:
For Law 1.
I de-constructed a space facing wall to a cult base in xeno maints for 2 main reasons.

1. No-one could get through the front door of xenobio because the APC was damaged, leaving the RD trapped inside screaming, and preventing me from gaining access to the area.
  2. The cult were actively converting parts of the xeno into cult tiles and doors.

I could have de-constructed the doors to xeno bio but the doors are harder to re-program than a wall, and having the doors open to xenobio could release the slimes.

For Law 2.
Cult are not working crew. By them being in xeno maints, they could not be working. By spacing the maints, the cult did leave the area.

A NarSie level event is pretty much the opposite of station maintenance and should be prevented to, Law 1, ensure the station is properly maintained.

In the admin ticket. The admin admitted that I was somehow ‘technically’ following the laws but not ‘actually’ following the laws. Could I get clarification as to what that means?

In the past I have seen efficiency law borgs kill cult without admins taking issue, and there is even an accepted ban appeal regarding this lawset but with zombies instead of cult.

And if I am mis-interpreting this lawset, could I please be corrected. All I could really take out of the admin’s response was “Don’t space crew” even though this lawset has a lot of qualifiers such as ‘working crew’ and a law before the crew law.

Deconstructing a wall and spacing a department is directly violating law 1’s clause of keeping the station “properly maintained”. This is enough to justify the ban already and I don’t really feel like dissecting your whole argument here. It doesn’t come down to crew at all; the lawset requires you to maintain the station, and removing the air and an integral wall is not following that at all.

As far as what the mod stated in the ticket, they’re welcome to clarify in this thread if they’d like to.

Denied.