Ban Appeal: Draccox1009

Byond Account: Draccox1009
Character Name(s):Myles P. Duncan, Jaques
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234):Call of Duty for the Nintendo DS#3008
Round ID of Ban:13943
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):Killing beyond objectives. As an antag with 1 doctor kill goal, detonated a syndicate bomb in medbay, killing a bunch of people and runing the entire department. You just had a ban for something like this. You have to follow our antag rules if you want to play antag.
State your appeal: After reading the server rules I think that my use of a bomb was justified. Rule 1.4 states that “Do what is needed for your goals. Destroying half the station when you only need to steal research is an example of going extremely overboard. Causing chaos in a department with a bomb is okay but destroying half the station is not.” The example of using a bomb to cause chaos in a department is specifically stated there but apparently that action was enough to get me banned twice. I also went into medbay central as mime, dragging the bomb behind me, wrenched it, and then activated the 90s timer. Giving ample time for evacuation to anyone paying attention to the common radio. Trying to do my objectives got me perma antag banned and then turned into bread. If I need to apologize for apparently ruining rounds by trying to do objectives, then I’ll accept that. I know I got permabanned because of a previous 3 day ban for a similar offense, and yes, that one is different and I’ll apologize for detonating a max-cap in service. I don’t agree with the admin’s actions on either ban, but i’ll accept that maybe the rules need to be updated with how they are being enforced on the server.

1 Like

Your use of explosives wasn’t justified because of this little detail here:

I also went into medbay central as mime, dragging the bomb behind me, wrenched it, and then activated the 90s timer. Giving ample time for evacuation to anyone paying attention to the common radio.

So no, you were not trying to achieve your goals if you’re giving 90 seconds for your target to leave the area, you bombed medbay just because.
A justified use of explosives would be throwing a bomb inside the CMO office while they are inside, gibbing them and damaging the department for a perfect round removal of your target.
Planting C4 on cryo while your target is inside being healed and can’t escape, bombing the outside of virology if your target is inside, etc.
Not just bombing the department that your target works when they aren’t even around or just letting them walk out of the bomb range. You did the same by maxcapping the kitchen for some reason when your target was a clown and wasn’t even around.

Denied, appeal this again in a month if you want another chance to play antag without just using the roll as an excuse to bomb places at random.

2 Likes