Ban appeal for temporary antag ban

Byond Account: JellyBelly DingleBerry
Character Name(s): Ellis Witner (Allbrain Cheezeguy as pirate)
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): DingleBerry#0830
Round ID of Ban: 24399

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):
Reason: Round 24399 - ghosted as a pirate without ahelping after complaining ingame.
This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 3 days. The round ID is 24399.

State your appeal:
I wanted to play as pirate but after realizing the existance of the new “psyker” variation I decided to quit as I found it very uncomfortable to play as so I decided to ghost and let someone else take the role. I thought about ahelping but instead decided that a pray and message in deadchat would be enough, since I was aware that the current admin (sheets) was connected and active. Sheets decided to give me a 3 day antag ban for not ahelping which although not that big a deal I though was excesive so just in principle I write this ban appeal. Had I been aware psyker pirates existed or that they were so different and weird to play as I wouldn’t have accepted the prompt to play as pirate.

1 Like

We have this rule in place because when you leave without ahelping you can potentially doom the rest of your team since they’ll be down a player. When you say stuff in dead chat or prayer it has a high likely hood of being missed since we have all chats, players logging in, watch lists, multiple logs, and some other event logs all in one chat. When you ahelp it has it’s own window and plays a sound so we know a ticket is open. There is nothing factually wrong with this ban.