Ban Appeal - Jacket/Alexander Turner

Byond Account: Redrick_Schuart
Character Name(s): Alexander Turner
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): Jacket#3825
Round ID of Ban: N/A
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): https://imgur.com/a/qBVqEOR
State your appeal: At no point in my video did I or my friend utilize knowledge in game that would benefit us during the round. We did use Discord, we used Discord because we were gaming together and wanted to create content. Any statements made were not intended as strategies or suggestions except for asking for a beaker, rolling pin, ingredients, cigarette, etc. Nothing we did was at the detriment of anyone in game. The way that the banning admin went about this screamed heavy-handed. I love this server and thank you for your work in maintaining it.

This is the video in question:

After reading some more of the ban appeals on here, it’s very possible that I have misinterpreted the rules a bit. My original belief (from playing other serious RP games) was that metacomming is essentially metagaming, of gaining an advantage against other players through outside means. It seems that the rule is a lot more strict than I initially thought. In “revealing information” I guess that means revealing ANY information that occurs on the server, no matter how trivial.

I don’t know if that’s a more correct interpretation of the rule and would appreciate clarification. I had no intention of using Discord to make other people’s experience on the server less enjoyable, and I hope that’s clear in the video or any time I’ve streamed this server.

A lot of information in this video goes way too deep into metacomming, from obvious things like saying that they got arrested by security already to not so obvious things like screaming in VC being a blatantly clear signal that your life is in danger even if the other party doesn’t have full details on why.

So if you are going to be in a call to teach someone as an example, we ask that you ahelp and tell your intentions so we can keep an eye if it goes too far because it is far from fair for other players outside the call to deal with even the slightly amount of meta communication.

You might not want to make people’s experience less enjoyable but the end result is what matter and metacoms often end in unfair situations.

This is ban appealed now but as there is no round ID for when this video happened on (and it is just easier to ask) I need you to answer me what is their Ckey so I can add a note about you 2 being in a call to make it easier for future admins if it needs any investigation.

I understand. Thank you for clarifying.

I will PM you their Ckey right now.

Perfect and thank you.