Ban appeal kalibcatlip#2367

Byond Account: kalibcatlip
Character Name(s): Todd Yiffman
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): kalibcatlip#2367
Round ID of Ban: 22729

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Kalibcatlip) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Round 22729 - Rules broken Roleplay 3.1, Core 3 - Named yourself “todd yiffmen” and ran around shooting things as a warden. You have already been warned for self antagging, naming and core 3 in the past. Appeal this at https://forum.fulp.gg/ This ban (BanID #33795) was applied by Sheets on 2022-10-21 22:42:06 during round ID 22729. This is a permanent ban.
State your appeal: Well, for starters, I wasn’t running around shooting things. I spent the entire round sitting at my desk doling out supplies and whatever else. I left my office when the escape shuttle was called and ended up shooting an NPC robot at the bar because I was trapped behind the card table - and even then, the only reason I did that was because I was worried I would miss the shuttle and it was the end of the round anyway. I went back to SEC to recharge it to defend myself against the shitshow that is the end of the round, and accidentally discharged the energy gun at a different SEC officer that attacked me. I usually walk around with the gun deselected, and only meant to hit him back. I would have appreciated the opportunity to at least explain myself to an admin, but I was hit with a permaban without being contacted by an admin at all. And is Todd Yiffman really an unacceptable name? Seems like some garbage admins tack on when they’re upset with you for something else. Didn’t see Dick Steel change his name…

I just want to be clear, I would have placed the same ban even if you were not doing what you were as a warden.

What do you mean?

I mean you were banned for breaking our sexual content rules. I think the wording in the ban message is a bit unclear (my mistake), as we wont punish you for being bad at a job if you arent griefing other players.

Is a permanent ban without a warning really an appropriate response for that? I’m a relatively new player and was basing what would fly and what wouldn’t based on what I see in the servers. Names in the past have been much more egregious, to be honest, and I thought something more “subtle” like that satisfied the requirements. I’ve been playing on that name for over a month now and nobody else has ever said anything

You’re either an idiot or think we are if this is a genuine question.

Yes.

Accusing the staff member of having a grudge against you when you have been warned multiple times about your name not meeting RP standards and previously about sexual content isn’t doing you any favors. This is denied.