Ban Appeal: Sec Ban Appeal - Aestel Wellick

Byond Account: Aestell
Character Name(s): Aestel Wellick
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): N/A
Round ID of Ban: 16841

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Core 4.5 - Space Law 2 Reason: As the Head of Security, shot someone armed and dangerous to hardcrit, and believing the target had been killed, decided to take the X4 they had, and attached it to their presumed dead body. This is all despite the Captain never having authorized or even heard of an execution. You did not attempt to revive afterwards, letting them end up in the isolation cell. When ahelped, you gave the excuse that they were trying to kill the AI as enough reason to use contraband. As someone with over 60 hours in HoS alone, you should know better, and you should know you are held to higher standards. Length: 7 Day Security ban
State your appeal:

John Willard said that the execution wasn’t approved, and that he checked the logs. Its below… Was told to put this into an appeal after I linked it to them in ahelp.

This round was an absolute shit show dealing with random-murderboners, who detonated half the station with max-caps, permanently killed two heads of staff, four security officers, AND random passerby**(without objectives to do so and both were not banned)**, and yet I got sec-banned for killing one of them in space as he was coming at me with a fire-axe/jetpack and using their own X4 to detonate the body(it doesn’t even gib, it just destroys the contraband he had on him, I did not have the bag space to carry it all, and I had to deal with the mime who was in the process of murdering half of sec). Also - the warden tossed him into isolated cell, not I so thats false too.

[Security] Aestel Wellick whispers, “You approve the dude who killed the CE’s execution right? same with mime?” -Me

Joshua Crimson slurs, “Heyyy”

Mekhi Philips coughs!

You can breathe normally again.

John The Fisherman coughs!

Mike Batten hugs Trevor Wheller to make him feel better!

Medibot tends the wounds of Jim Laser Beam!

Medibot is trying to tend the wounds of Jim Laser Beam!

Medibot places its tools back into itself.

Medibot is trying to tend your wounds!

Ahar Dorthanent analyzes Unknown’s vitals.

Medibot places its tools back into itself.

Trevor Wheller grabs you passively!

You slipped on the PDA-Razzle Dazzle (Clown)!

Ahar Dorthanent drapes the surgical drapes over Unknown’s chest to prepare for surgery.

You break free of Trevor Wheller’s grip!

Medibot tends the wounds of Jim Laser Beam!

[Security] Madeline Levesque says, “Yeah pretty much” -Captain

Frank Furter rolls on the floor, trying to put himself out!

Aestel Wellick whispers, "Roger"

[Security] Aestel Wellick whispers, “Roger” -Me

There’s no logs of you getting approval before the ticket with John had already been resolved:

Here’s the timestamp of when you put c4 on the prisoner and the ticket was first opened:

[2021-09-27 00:36:12.586GAME: Aestell/(Aestel Wellick) planted X-4 charge on Artyom Alekseyevich at Space (145,26,2) with a 10 second fuse
[2021-09-27 00:36:40.165] SAY: Aestell/(Aestel Wellick) “got him” (Space (155,36,2))
[2021-09-27 00:36:50.651] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: John Willard/(John Willard)->Aestell/(Aestel Wellick): Why did you use contraband as Security?
[2021-09-27 00:37:11.076] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aestell/(Aestel Wellick)->John Willard/(John Willard): Used his own X4 against him?

And here is where the logs first show you asking the captain for authorization:

Line 14206: [2021-09-27 00:55:55.016] SAY: Aestell/(Aestel Wellick) “Cap” (Central Primary Hallway (145,131,2))
Line 14258: [2021-09-27 00:56:09.656] SAY: Aestell/(Aestel Wellick) “You approve the dude who killed the CE's execution right? same with mime?” (Starboard Primary Hallway (157,131,2))

As you can see, you were not authorized to execute this player until after you had already done it. While using lethal force is acceptable when there is no other safe way to detain a prisoner, using C4 on them after is a bit overkill. This ban was placed correctly, so I’m denying this appeal.

2 Likes