Ban Appeal- Slanes

Byond Account: Slanes
Character Name(s): I don’t know I’m sorry, I am very bad with names and it was a randomly generated name.
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): (not on discord)
Round ID of Ban: 14671
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):
Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Slanes) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Requesting Staff Member: cyotheprotogen Rules Broken: Core 2, Admin Interactions 4 Reason: As a non-antag scientist, turned the RD into a slime and then proceeded to lie in ahelps about it. Approved by Slig This ban (BanID #19514) was applied by Sliggist on 2021-05-19 20:16:12 during round ID 14671. The ban is for 7 days and expires on 2021-05-26 20:16:12 (server time).

State your appeal:
Hello, to be honest I would just like some clarity about this round and this ban, as it was very confusing and contradictory, and if I’m allowed, offer some clarity myself, if it helps,

In my Anotes it lists me as a liar, which is a little unfair as I was unable to explain myself in a previous round due to a server crash and my missing of admin messages, but that is just for context, I felt the three day ban was justified. However, In this round, I sincerely though the rd was in danger, as he told me we had revs and he also said over coms that he was being attacked, so when I saw him crit outside xeno with people walking over him, with panic thinking I thought that If I slimed him, he would no longer be a head and the revs would leave him alone and I could save him.

so when I was ahelped I was honest about this, as I had no ill intent, and I was rightfully so told that it was a little unreasonable to turn him into a slime, (as I later figured out, human mutagen doesn’t change back) however this is where things get weird, I was told that not only was he not attacked, but he was never crit, both of which don’t make any sense as to how I injected him to begin with, I was also told that I lied, by saying I didn’t inject him, or something along those lines directly after I stated that I had ( and to the later I honestly believe I told the truth, but I do scare myself as result of dyslexic issues and may have wrote the wrong form did at some point I don’t know). I feel as though I was simply labeled as a liar, when I was not trying to grief, and trying to tell the truth. I did and still have no mal intent, and if I deserve the ban, I deserve the ban. however I would like some clarity, I suppose even if just to check my logs, so I can be once again disappointed in my inability to write properly.

thank you for your time.

1 Like

The RD was definitely in crit by the time you injected him, and judging by the ticket, I think it was a genuine misunderstanding, not you intentionally lying this time, so I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that; however, injecting people with slime mutation as an experiment is… not okay at all, so I’m switching this to a dept ban for sci. If you transfer into this dept or otherwise try to play scientist between now and the 26th, we’ll consider that ban evasion. Please make sure to review server rules and use mentor help if you don’t know what do to.

1 Like