Ban from ghost roles after being brought on the station as a herald

byond name:Purotozilla
character names: Heretic
round id: Round 11678
ban message: Banned from Roles: Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn, Cybersun Space Syndicate, Cybersun Space Syndicate Captain, Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Devil, Internal Affairs Agent, Malf AI, Monkey, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard, Hivemind Host, Heretic for 1 week - Round ID: 11678 Ckey of offender: Purotozilla Requesting Staff Member: SoreYew Rules Broken: Core rule 2, griefing, Antagonist/Lavaland/Ghost Policy 6.1, Reason: As a herald, boarded the station, and what was initially a “elite on station please help” ended up being the following logset. Notably blowing up the SM, attacking a dozen crewmates, and griefing for a little while. Has a note and ban history of abusing ghost roles.

Appeal: So, this was my first time winning as a lavaland elite and I was granted this objective. “Note that you are a lavaland monster, and thus not allied to the station. You should not cooperate or act friendly with any station crew unless under extreme circumstances!”. I had no idea that I was still subject to ghost role rules. In fact, I thought they’d be viewed as an antag spawn because I was told to not be friendly with the crew under any circumstances. I was attacked by another miner and followed him back to the base. I was destroying the shuttle console as it was brought back. I didn’t mean to go on the station. At that point, I had chased the QM off and they began requesting guns and weapons. So, I didn’t want em to come back. I expected a death squad.

In my hundreds of hours of SS13 on this server and others, this was really my first time being a lavaland elite. My objectives said not to be friendly unless extreme circumstances. I interpreted that as being able to attack members of the station. Again, I feel like this it wasn’t very clear that I was held to the same standards as other lavaland ghost spawners. If I had known that, then I would have asked to be brought back to lavaland. The only reason things escalated was because I was told when I spawned that “Note that you are a lavaland monster, and thus not allied to the station. You should not cooperate or act friendly with any station crew unless under extreme circumstances!”.

Regardless of the outcome of this appeal, is there any way an addendum could be added to those spawns so it tells people that they are still under ghost spawner rules, including 6.1? Because I feel like there is a confusing grey area there that will confuse someone else as well. I just wanted the staff to know that I had confusing spawn notes and never intended to board the station. In fact, I barely had time to check out my surroundings before I was attacked by a separate miner and brought back to base. Either way, I feel like this break has been healthy for my mental wellbeing.

1 Like

Even when staff cleared it up and said it’s a no, when I played lavaland elite recently, the flavortext you get after beating the summoner goes directly against what staff has told us in a single channel that gets constnatly flooded with questions and no archived place to see all rulings made on Fulp. I’d say it’s understandable to get this wrong.

Typically, we don’t handle our own appeals, but I think you made a valid point about this being an oversight in our rules, and I get how that flavor text would indicate that you were fine to do whatever.
I’ve accepted your appeal and lifted the role ban. You should be able to play ghost spawners/ antags again.
Feel free to ping me on the Discord if you find this isn’t the case.