Banned for defending myself from ling

Byond Account: OzAtlas
Character Name(s): Dane McDonohugh
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): (Ozfur)Atlas#4929
Round ID of Ban: 14179
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste):

You have been banned by ShadowAKT from Roles: Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician. Reason: Core Rules 1,2: As CE used a flamethrower to attack an alleged ling. They didn’t have any evidence and were only told by a sec officer. They caught multiple people in the crossfire setting the medbay lobby on fire. Valid hunting ling without any proof that they even are a ling or any aggressive action from them is against the rules.

State your appeal:
I made a flamethrower to fight a possible blob. I was in maints when a sec got attacked and dragged. i saved him. he told me it was a ling.
A minute later when i was in the halweay the ling attacked me. i was lagging so i thought if i could throw some flames up he couldnt get me.

I was not hunting the ling, he was hunting me.

so if im lagging and i have something to help me(a CE) not get linged i just have to accept it and die???

It looks like the banning mod took care of this; however, you do have a considerable amount of notes regarding how you play command, in particular CE. Please re-read the rules. Command roles are not meant to be played to powergame access and tools.