Biff Buttcus ban appeal

Byond Account: Biff Buttcus
Character Name(s): I can’t remember what name I used that round.
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): biffbuttcus#8005
Round ID of Ban: 13544
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): “Core 2- self antag As a non-antag CE, incited a mutiny against the HoP and encouraged others to do so because HoP was making people do paperwork. That is the HoP’s job. Please re-read our role expectations for command. Round 13544 on 3.27.21 This ban (BanID #18369) was applied by Horatio22 on 2021-03-30 01:04:57 during round ID 13586. The ban is for 7 days and expires on 2021-04-06 01:04:57 (server time).”
State your appeal:
It appears that here: Paperwork Rebellion - #3 by Horatio22 I was accused of leading the mutiny. That is not true. I did not start the mutiny nor was I a leader. I only participated in the mutiny after seeing a large angry mob in front of the HoP’s desk calling for his mutiny and asking for petition signatures. I was only a participant. Is every person that participated in this angry mob going to get banned? I don’t think so. I want to make it very clear I did not start or lead it nor was I responsible for it, I only joined in after seeing over a dozen others already calling for mutiny. Should I, as a head, have participated in this mutiny? Probably not. But I was not responsible for it and I don’t deserve a ban. I only went along with it after seeing a large crowd calling for it.

How bans are decided is entirely on your actions, not whether or not other people were breaking the rules. You’re held to a higher standard as a command role. Other people were punished for this as well, and you were an active participant in it. I did this ban so I won’t do the appeal, but your argument is really stupid.

1 Like

How is my argument stupid? There were over a dozen other people already rioting when I came across them and decided to participate. I see them rioting and that makes me think it’s okay for me to join. If I see like 20 people all doing this, that makes me think it’s okay to join. From my point of view, it was just people trying to have fun. Hell, there had to have been a dozen people that just voluntarily suicided on the guillotine just for shits and giggles. I don’t want all the blame pinned on me for leading this and getting a 7 day ban just because I saw all these people doing this and I decided to join in.

You started off the round threatening the HoP and then enthusiastically joined in on the riot. This ban is justified, though I will alter the ban text to be more accurate to the situation.