Big Ol' List 'o' Gimmick Ideas - Ryan Finlay

These are a bunch of gimmick ideas for RP (and maybe things closer to strategies, sprinkled in) that I’ve come up with off the top of my head. :thinking:

• Beefman butcher shop (selling crewburgers or regular meat)

• Changeling who acts like a regular bloodbrother (traitor w/o uplink) until they get arrested or put into a critical situation

• “Magician” who is really just an actual wizard cosplaying a street magician

• Crewmate with a god delusion (no, not the powergame brain trauma) (also inspired by that one Greek myth)

• Cowboy/Stereotypical country yokel

• Pinkerton (Yes, I had recently finished RDR2)

• Curator Diplomat

• Psychologist who laces drinks with ecstasy (the drug)

• Boxer/Wrestler

• Shady Ghetto Surgeon (I’ve already done this, but it was funny the first time so I wanna do it again)

• Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Drinking some ambiguous potion and “changing my personality”)

• Private Investigator

• Secret Agent

• Moonshiner/illegal drug dealer

• Snake Oil Salesman

• 100% stealth changeling

• Maints “camping” (good ol’ tent and s’mores kinda deal)

• Pickpocket

• Scammer

• Putting all heads/sec heads on pikes in front of bridge/brig during rev round

• Scientologist chaplain

• Identity fraud as a non-changeling

• Pot den stoner comedy

• Throne room & medieval dynasty

• Insane asylum patient, with demented mantras to boot!

• Bodyguard to some random dude, not even important

• The crimson room (beefmen hangout with flesh walls and furniture)

• Deluxe janitopia lounge. a real high-roller, upper class, fabulous, fancy janitor closet remodelling

• Cover band at the bar theater

• Black Knight (as seen in Holy Grail)

• Station secret society

• Pizza delivery service

• Controversial newspaper (another gimmick I did before but would like to do again) (i ran an investigative journalism piece on a (planted) copy of the lusty argonian maid in the sec office that kept getting censored)

• Civil War-type medbay

• Redpill/Bluepill some random assistant and introduce him to my matrix crew

• Someone else’s “imaginary” friend
  • Station democratic election
  • Recording all my interactions with crews and turning the recorder on ‘play’ like 20 minutes later over the radio
  • Maints tribe
  • Station supervillain/superhero
  • Saw trap for my target
  • Bisexual lighting for station
    will update if I get any more ideas
3 Likes

For some reason I am not allowed to edit my own post anymore, so I will begin posting more ideas down here and/or editing my comments. Sorry to anyone who clicks on this post expecting input from someone else after seeing an update indicator

• Upscale cannibal dining experience (think Ultra-Luxe)

• Sneaking into other private areas by disguising myself as a stationary object

• Stalking a crewmember (like Obsessed antag without the murdering)

• Moving everything in a room 1 tile to the left/right of their starting position, in secret

• Communicating entirely through written notes and paper (No emoting, no speaking, just writing on paper and PDA messenging. No acknowledging the handicap either.

• Being a station Witch, what with the curses and the hexes and the cauldron…

• Trapping and giving my antag target a villain monologue before neutralizing them

• Room full of statues of different people, in complete darkness.

• Plastic surgery clinic

3 Likes

alternative medicine doctor, using crystals and stuff. Bonus points if actually a cultist or a heretic

1 Like