Can We Get Prescription versions of the Default Job Goggles?

If I’m using the Short sighted trait for roleplaying purposes It basically means I can’t play any Job that requires eyewear to do the job(Security, Engineering, Chemistry to a degree)
Some of these eye wear can be supplanted by implants but by the time robotics has these implants the round is almost already over.
Can we get a set of ‘Upgraded’ Goggles that have the Prescription trait perhaps created by combining Prescription glasses with the appropriate goggles, or having a upgrade kit being printable from the Medical Protolathe so A Prescription required crewman has to go to medbay when they arrive to get their Goggles upgraded.
If the Crewman loses these special Prescription Version goggles then they not only need to get a new pair of whatever goggles but also need to take a trip to medbay to get a new pair of prescription glasses or have the new goggles upgraded.
For Extra Fun if a healthy Eyed person uses the Prescription version everything could look a bit Blurry

1 Like

this defeats the point of it being a negative trait

1 Like

It’s still a negative trait as if you lose your glasses or goggles you still go effectively blind. If needed the point gain from the Neg trait can be adjusted if you feel that it makes it less of a negative.

1 Like

this idea has already been suggested and denied
its meant to be a negative quirk so you have to choose
this is like giving paraplegics a wheelchair that allows them to walk like normal until they lose it
if you don’t want to deal with a quirk’s negative, don’t get the quirk

ok, is there a easy way to get cosmetic glasses at round start then? As I’m not really using the quirk points the negative quirk gives me for anything particularly important or helpful but mainly for roleplay purposes. And as I can’t choose to remove my quirks both negative and positive once I’ve spawned in to a round If I don’t get my high Priority role and roll a role that relies heavily on a eye slot item then I’m screwed.

You can buy all sorts of different glasses from the Clothes vendor. I personally use the red glasses almost every shift

I’ll look in to it, I still like the fact if my glasses get knocked off I have to scramble to pick them back up Velma style otherwise I can’t really see but the fact it basically removes a critical equipment slot is too much of a downside. I’m not going to try and bring realism in to justify my requests because it’s clear the decision was made a while ago so I’m going to bow out gracefully.
ᵂᶦˡˡ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵈᶦˢᵃᵖᵖᵒᶦⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶦⁿˢᶦᵈᵉ ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ’ᵗ ʷᵉᵃʳ ᵍˡᵃˢˢᵉˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃ ᵐᵉᵈᶦᶜᵃˡ ᴴᵁᴰ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵈᵉˢᵖᶦᵗᵉ ᵛᶦˢᵘᵃˡˡʸ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ᶦⁿ ᶜᵒⁿᶠˡᶦᶜᵗ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵉᵃᶜʰ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ.

1 Like

HUD implants are possible, which usually are rare to see, but researching them has been made easier recently so you can probably get away with asking people to implant you with a pair every so often.

This would be a good feature but we gotta make sure it stays as a negative trait (a good way to balance it would be having scientists to actually research the prescribed special job goggles / glasses or hud)

It would be cool if they also added a chance for worn HUD’s to be knocked off if struck in the eyes or head.
But the Mods have spoken and I’ve just switched to wearing costume glasses or welding goggles on my head.

1 Like

No!! :PPPPP