ChonkyLord's Mentor Appliation

Byond Account: ChonkyLord
Character Name(s): Otto Tunn, Anthony Thrax, Clunk, Isint Frumere,
Discord Name: NJ#8984
Timezone: GMT
Active hours: Going to be honest, sporadic at best but I’m around most the time as I have nothing much to do.
Are you interested in becoming a mod?: As of this moment mostly mentor.

How long have you played on Fulpstation?

Since mid 2020ish? Not 100% certain but it was definitely 2020 and I’ve clocked in about 900+ hours.

What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments?

Silicon
I have the most time played as a borg. I’ve noticed a lot of new players to that role do not understand that they have a sequence of laws that they must obide and various other things they can and cannot do so cyborg and to an extent maybe AI I have a bit of an understanding

Medical
First of I want to state I am not a good chemist. I have dyscalculia (dylexia with numbers) and as a result tend to fail making what I need to make or blow myself up if making something complicated. However that being said lately I’ve been able to do make simple medical drugs and cures without fail. I have not however dabbled with buffers and the likes because again - medical condition and I don’t like being blown up.

Other than that I’m competant at virology and being a medical doctor along with a paramedic and have on a few occasions shown new players how to do things. One such example was I battered a monkey to a pulp and got the intern to fix the poor thing.

Supply

I like supply, mining can be as daring as you make it frankly and is in my opinion a good sink or swim role as all it depends on is how deep you want to go in regards to the wildlife. I’ve seen a few players drag the ore box around without knowing that such things as the bag of holding ore or whatsit called is available and plasmacutters. so again explained that they exist how to and where to find/get them

Cargotechnician / QM I think these bring new players to this role as they think it’s simple, which it is, really good for them to learn the contols how to drag things and get a bearing of how the map works and how to make money for the station and why it’s vital.

Science

I love doing xeno and all the weird combinations you can make whenever I get chance to do that role I try and find new combinations I didn’t do previously just to see what they can do and if they are helpful. I enjoy taking stablised pinks to give to paramedics as it speeds them up and gives those in crit some epi. Other than that I dabble with toxins but again struggle due to my dyslexia but try to avoid it out of fear of blowing half the station up.

Other than that I enjoy Robotics too it’s like doing ikea furniture or something do things step by step then thing is built I feel like the more complex thing is managing cyborgs - Making sure they’re synced and using the tablet device with the app “Siliconnect” or something to check their logs if they were opened and e-magged.

Service
I dabble in service! I like being a bartender and have explained how recipes work to new players which frankly is a goodish stepping stone to being a chemist. Less chance you’ll kill yourself and others.

What are some things you’ve noticed as a player on Fulp?

Mentors are nice. And admins are from what I’ve experienced are fair. I have a few times not been aware of the rules or done something stupid and got repremanded for it. No real complaint about that but the mentors have really made me enjoy and understand the game and I guess this is why I want to do this? To give something back and the fact I have nothing much going on for me right now so maybe I can help a few people out as a result.

4 Likes

You have a really clean track record on the server compared to your hours played, and I can’t remember ever needing to remind you of the rules on Discord. +1

impressive hours and a range of roles played. we need more silicon mentors. +1

silicon mentor +1
never heard of you in a bad way

Clunk is a good borg, always happy to see them as an AI or fellow borg +1

hi

Silicon main +1 (i do not have to answer when toasters mhelp me anymore)

hi?

holy fuck i never thought of it that way +1

+1 clunk was my favourite borg to work with when I played ai

+1 Clunk is definitly a top tier borgo that goes kongo!

Saw him playing borgs a lot before, and had no negative thought about him.
That’s rare for borgs, so +1

clunk one of the best borgs out there +1

One of the best silicons I have ever seen in the game. +1

We’re accepting your app because youve got a ton of hours the community already loves you and silicon main also i love how detailed your app is it really shows how knowledgeable you are!