Chumpywumpus' Mentor Application

Byond Account: Chumpywumpus
Character Name(s): Aaliyah Wise/T3-M4/G0-T0
Discord Name: Garfield the Ravenous(Chumpy)
Timezone: CST
Active hours: No set time but its usually past noon my time and I’ll get on at least once I day where I can
Are you interested in becoming a mod?:
Possibly, it depends heavily on my personal life in the next few months.

How long have you played on Fulpstation?

The first time I played on Fulp was early 2019 but I regularly began playing on Fulp more in 2020 to the point of being the only server I play. At the time of writing I have over 900 hours in game and over 100 spectating.

What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments?

Medical: Where I got my start and have spent the better part of my time on station in medbay. I love medical for just how much you learn about the game via studying and healing the dead/injured. I understand first-aid and wound tending, surgery including the various methods of revival, I’m not the best chemist but I can explain the ph system and the basics of plumbing to give newer players a framework to learn from, I also understand virology both in creating beneficial disease as well as curbing the bad diseases and making vaccines. As department head I know the responsibilities of the CMO and how to assist each of the jobs in medical while also fulfilling command duties.

Silicon: My second most played role, I have a lot of hours as a cyborg a handful as a maintenance drone and over a hundred hours as the station AI. I understand laws and law priority and I know how to advise and supervise silicon on obeying their laws. I’ve played the various borg modules and under a number of law sets. As the AI I feel I have a good grasp on how to manage and direct the borgs while simultaneously helping/coordinating with command and the crew.

Engineering: While not the most experienced engineer I can safely set up the SM to operate for the length of a round. I know how to build the other station objectives and can seal and fix breaches in a quick fashion. I don’t have a lot of experience in atmospherics but I understand the duties of firefighting and containing unsafe atmospherics.

Science: Most of my time in science has been spent in robotics and genetics, but I am familiar with the various experiments the scientists should be doing and what research goals to prioritize as the RD or as a crew member tasked with doing research. I understand the relationship science has with supply and how to communicate with the miners and other departments to keep them posted on new tech and parts.

Security : I’ve played every security role and understand the importance each job has in maintaining a safe and orderly station and brig. I understand space law and the chain of command and know how to gauge the threat posed by the various antagonists. Outside of confronting antagonists, I know the different threat levels and how to operate at each different level; I know how to search for evidence, break up violent confrontations between crew, how to process prisoners in accordance with space law and how to update and correct the security records as needed.

Supply: I don’t play much cargo tech, miner or QM but I understand the role each job fulfills and the importance keeping the flow of credits and supplies rolling. Outside of the departments jobs, I know how to complete bounties and how the material economy affects the station.

Service: One of my favorite departments for how varied and robust every job is. Its not as cohesive a department as something medbay, but I appreciate the importance of something as simple as the janitor. Out of all the service roles the only one I do not have more than a basic familiarity with I was say is botany, mostly because of how deep the botany systems are. Be it cooking filling meals and keeping the kitchen clean, or representing prisoners for fair sentencing and treatment I feel confident in saying I can do it.

What are some things you’ve noticed as a player on Fulp?
One thing that I love about Fulp is that, despite the wide range of skill (first shift ever to hundreds/thousands of hours) there is never a sense of condescension or arrogance from the veterans; most everyone in game and in the discord is exceptionally patient and willing to help the newer players out. Its because of that attitude I think I’ve almost exclusively played on Fulp and its why I want to do my part and join the mentors so I can cultivate that further.

8 Likes

+1 one of my favorite most memorable rounds was when I had G0T0 as my pAI. He was the only one who came to my dorm party. Operation donut tide was a blast. Taught me a bunch and is always super nice and friendly.

1 Like

Knows their shit from what i’ve seen from discord, also pretty cool in game +1

1 Like

+1 one of my favorite ai’s

1 Like

aight +1

1 Like

I hate this guy +1

1 Like

they’re one of the only doctors that gives me spare glasses when i ask for them +1

1 Like

Love seeing Aliyah in my department, always pleasant interactions +1
Also G0-T0 great AI

1 Like

saw this guy getting beaten up by security once +1

1 Like

yeah +1

1 Like

High effort medical player +1

1 Like

Never had any issues very active +1

1 Like

This app has been accepted! Welcome to the mentor team!

1 Like