Dr. Popes Mentor Application

Byond Account:Dr.Pope Sr

Character Name(s):John Pope

Discord Name: Dr. Pope

Timezone: EST -4UTC

Active hours: between 6 pm - 2 am.

Are you interested in becoming a mod?:Yeah, I have a lot of previous mod experience in a couple of games.

How long have you played on Fulpstation? 105 ish hours. Since december.

What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments?Science is my true home. It’s where I started out, and I know every single role in there backwards and out. I will be able to mentor anyone with science issues. I am able to do nanites, robotics, max cap in toxins, genetics monkey business, xenobiology to not destroy the entire station with “baddies” , Command I have spent a lot of time being a captain in all types of situations and I would be able to help anyone new to captain or people who just want to ask questions. I have spent a large portion of time being a lovely rd! I know the research system inside out and what would be best to research when and what to do. Overall I have a lot of experience in commanding other people in different situations and would be able to help out. I also know what CMO and HOP does after being an acting HOP and CMO more than once. MEDICAL who doesn’t love being a doctor under a lot of pressure I have spent time doing some really good chemistry set ups understanding all of the plumbing that is required to automate it. I also have spent time in viro making diseases to help the station and understanding how to make new symptoms and splice it together. I have also spent a fair share as a paramedic or medical doctor getting my hands dirty and saving lifes in all types of conditions that would allow me to mentor others well. Ah service, need it for every station. I can do basically anything in this department. Need to know how to be a cook, I got you, I need to be a lawyer why would you? I have spent a large amount of time dedicated to cargo tech, and Qm who helps their cargo techs actually do their job. Now you might look at this and think wow he did a lot, but I also like to do practice on my own private server with just me to get ahold of new job positions

What are some things you’ve noticed as a player on Fulp?

Let’s be honest here. I love fulp because of the player base. When I first started I was so confused about what to do in the game, I couldn’t even switch hands but wow was I impressed with the amount of people who were willing to help me learn this brand new world without any reason but just to help. This is the kind of action that I want to be able to spread to other people. I want to be able to help anyone that has questions or is new to the game. I have already shown this game to a few friends of mine and already mentored them into great community members in the game. This is what makes Fulp be Fulp the beginner friendly and dedicated community. I love seeing the same person every time I join the game it brings me joy seeing familiar players and admins. I have to give it to you guys. It’s hard to be an admin and I imagine it’s even harder when doing that for a game of 100 people per round all at once. Really is admirable to see and I hope that I will be able to get to that point in my space station 13 career. Although I think with anything there can always be improvements. For example, I think something big that is missing is the actual text to the books in game, currently the cookbook has it, but it would be amazing to have all of the books work and act as an in game, lore friendly way to teach players and have them learn. I would be interested in making this a reality in the game. Another issue of course is the new players coming into the server but as I stated one of my goals as a member is to allow for an easier transition, which will bring up everyone’s enjoyment because we won’t have someone blowing up toxins for the 800th time this week. If given the opportunity I hope to make Fulp an even better place than it already is by bringing a friendly face to the table.

2 Likes

+1 thumbs up to this dude

+1 always a nice face to see around, a kind and trustworthy person.

+1 no negative interactions with him

You’ve got a good note from me so you must be a good player. +1

Your app has been accepted. Welcome to the mentor team!