ExiledViper's mentor app

Byond Account: ExiledViper
Character Name(s): Cryphia Adultera, Lacy Lafortune
Discord Name: The Jester#8634
Timezone: EST
Active hours: Usually anywhere between 12-8PM EST, as i work night shifts exclusively.
Are you interested in becoming a mod?: At the current moment, I’m unsure as I feel like it’s a lot of responsibility. I’m only applying for mentor right now, though I could certainly see myself applying for mod in a few months when i get more free time and motivation.

How long have you played on Fulpstation?
Almost exactly one year, as my first round was on 1/20/22. As for how many hours i have clocked so far, I’ve got a living playtime of 419.8H

What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments?
The main departments I’d be extremely comfortable mentoring for are science and cargo, though i could absolutely also mentor for service. Science was where i first started getting into the game, robotics more specifically. Within a few days of nonstop playing, I’d unlocked RD and understood most everything about science except the incredibly niche things. Same goes for cargo, although cargo is a significantly easier department to learn and especially to teach.

What are some things you’ve noticed as a player on Fulp?
New players are regrettably often either ignored entirely or bullied by other players. I find myself trying desperately to help them whenever i encounter them, but more often than not they’ll simply quit due to all the bad experiences they had in one shift. I want to be a mentor so I can help new players have good times and enrich this server as much as possible. As an additional note, i know I’m not extremely active on the discord, but that is because I simply do not use or particularly understand discord in general. I do however understand if that will cause my application to be denied, and i will work on increasing my time spent in the discord talking to fellow players. Also, if you check my in game bans, you’ll notice a ban applied by Guillaume Prata on 6/26/22. This ban was a mistake, and was quickly removed, however the record will forever remain. I wanted to point that out just in case it affected my chances.

1 Like

-1 You don’t seem to be active on the discord. Time to pump up those numbers :slightly_smiling_face:

Since you aren’t active on the Discord, our staff is mostly composed of (left-leaning) LGBT folks. Is that something that you feel you would mesh well with?

1 Like

As a trans girl, yeah i think I’d mesh pretty well with fellow LGBT homies haha. As for the lack of discord activity, yeah that’s fair honestly. I can’t see myself being very comfortable constantly chatting there due to social anxiety outside of games, but i could try and have a conversation once a day or so.

4 Likes

+1 usually a kind/chill influence in rounds I see them in.

1 Like

We’d like to see you interact with staff more and get more familiar with our rules on Discord and the forums before we accept this. Denied for the time being but feel free to apply again once we’ve gotten to know you a bit more.

1 Like