I’m too much of a noob to make one myself, but I’m genuinely curious on where some of you veterans would rank jobs. Go nuts
My thoughts since we’re doing this:
- There’s zero way clown isn’t S-tier, if it’s in any other position people will riot.
- Mime is low-S or high-A tier. Honestly I’m thinking A-tier because they’re subject to even crueler abuse from security and the rest of the crew.
- Chef is Low-A to High-B tier imho for CQC and overall being based when it comes to not caring about others problems. Perfect for xenophobes because they can deepfry all their foods so only humans can enjoy their creations.
- Psychiatrist I argue is E-tier but since no one knows about it’s hidden powers of being able to slow a SM delam and people forget it spawns with lots of drugs roundstart I can see everyone saying it’s F-tier. Honestly the role can be very boring unlike other service jobs like lawyer and curator who’d have things to do so it probably does belong in F tier.
- AI is B tier, Malf AI is S tier.
- Lawyer is a low-B or High-C tier. In the right hands they can be an asset for dealing with rowdy prisoners and getting them to chill. They also have some niche hidden features barely anyone knows about. A bit RP heavy but one can learn security+spacelaw safely from a distance playing one.
- HoP is C-tier, they’re for people like me who like paperwork. And you can even triple how much paperwork is involved if you like to inflict pain mentally. Honestly after writing that maybe because of how diabolical they are they should be B-tier.
- My girlfriend saw I was typing this and decreed that security is F-tier. I guess security is F-tier. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
- Janitor is a high A-tier. Easy to learn, several ways to play, robust in the right hands. Unfortunately centcomm disagrees and doesn’t pay them enough (elaborate social commentary if you think about it).
- Detective is appropriately D-tier. You come in expecting noir roleplay but exit being stressed out over cases and not really treated as a real officer unless the station is in a dire state of emergency.
- Medical Doctors are B-tier. An argument can be made for A-tier honestly but mechs and cyborgs just do their job better.
- Cyborgs are B-tier. I hate the movement debuff they have when moving diagonally now and defaultborg got axed. Were it not for these nerfs they’d be A-tier. Honestly an argument can be made for C-tier because they’re a slave to their lawset but if you’re a silicon main you’re basically used to rolling with that.
As you can all of the S tiers are Atmos tech,CE,Officer,Jani,Mime
They’re S cause they’re crucial to the station or is just interesting as to play as since you have to be very knowledgeable to be very good at them ;
Atmos knowing gasses what does what how it reacts to certain things.
CE turning the glowing rock into a singulo for his amusement.
Officer snooping in maint and systematically figuring out what threats there are.
Janitor cause why would you not put him in S tier they just clean and don’t ask for anything in exchange.
Mime cause of
Now we move to A
Well HOS doesn’t pass S since you have to deal with commands shit you’re just an officer with extra flashbangs and access to guns pretty good but eh.
A for Asistant GREYRIDE WORLD WIDE BABY WHAT CAN I SAY I LIKE SPEARS AND SELF ANTAGGING
B as in Bervice
They’re there just well “Serve” nothing else nothing more
C - are just occupations that prolong the station that offers nothing new to the table.
D - People who plays this is just new or just do it to roll the clown well maybe they can fuck around but they get repetitive and it’s really rare to see a good clown.
The fuck do you do as a curator except hand out The truth about felinids?(Good book btw read it)
E - E
F - Litearlly dogshit jobs
As you can see Silicons are here because they suck quite alot they get AA and can control about anything since they’re robots which is stupid
Next is the det well im not a big fan of analyze this and you can find who did it thing plus they got a gun for god know’s what reason?
The Roboticist is there cause they help produce silicons which is truly just
Not but not the least Ian and the HOP i hate HOP cause i have to wait in their stupid ass fucking lane for a minute and not get whati want just let me fucking tide and ian is there cause like he’s hop’s dog so ok
The Truth About Felenids was a very informative read. I also read and distributed the few rounds I was curator.
Well good you’re well informed i feel like that book doesn’t really get the attention it deserves it’s a reliable information of our near future and we need more people to be awokened by it or atleast know what our future holds.
Oh I didn’t realize I could click the link and make my on version… huh…
-All of the engineering roles get S tier just on how expansive they are.You have a amazing amount of flexibility on how you want to spend the round.
-Assistant is S tier because its the easiest role to just chill with and it also has tons of gimmicks you can do without fear of being demoted.
-Virologist is S tier because i like the idea of creating death viruses.
S: Jobs I don’t play or rarely play but I especially appreciate the work they do if they are played well.
A: My personal core jobs, enjoy playing them
B: My alt jobs, I need to get better at them.
C: Jobs that are useful but I don’t play or rarely play, still appreciate them.
D: Jobs that seem rarely useful but at least people don’t troll on them much (psychologist goes here too but the image is missing i think?)
E: There are some people that play these jobs well but so many people troll on them that I’m just immediately suspicious of the job as a whole.
edit: yeah I dunno the psychologist-SM connection please teach me haha
you can run a station with just the S tier alone and most people whove played those jobs for a considerable amount of time (besides RD) are pretty competent
engineering > sec > medical (minus cmo) > janitor > miner > remaining heads > everyone else > silicons (yuck)
writing down names of people who think assistant is good
Finally some people who put the Sec jobs below A tier ASAB