Greenshift ideas

I notice a lot of people complaining or being otherwise disappointed by Greenshift rounds with no antagonists, especially since there’s no given station objective. The purpose of this thread is to share and discuss ideas to make greenshifts more fun and/or interesting. I’ll start with a few of my own suggestions:

-Custom shuttle
As Captain or acting captain, buy the build a shuttle kit and work with your engineers to build a fully functional shuttle, complete with furnishings!

-Renovate your department
As any role, rebuild your department using different tiles and walls to make it more interesting! You can also upgrade it with more machines if you so choose!

-Furnish maints
Maints has tons of room for improvement. Knock down some walls and build a room of your choice, or expand your department into maints to add more things! Or rebuild one of the “abandoned” departments!

-Use the vacant commissary for your own business
Get a name change from the HoP, and run your own business! Find a unique good or service to offer, and charge people for it!(Or don’t). Don’t forget to advertise over the radio, or no one will know.

-Host a banquet or feast
Best done as Chef and/or Bartender, ask people their favorite foods and prepare a large table for all the crew, then when all the food is done, call them together for a grand meal!

1 Like

i’v always believed green shifts should be less about threat value and more about random events, so for example green shift happens so it goes out of its way to roll more events such as vines, anomalies(not the explody ones tho unless 25+ pop) vents, etc so its more of a PvE focus instead of PvP.
green shift would still relitively be way more tame due to this but it would keep the round active and less stale

1 Like

cap call shuttle pls, greenshift

Ss14 has a gamemode where there are no antags but a random event happens every minute, maybe something like that, so white dwarf has the most random events, green star has a lot but not as many as white dwarf, maybe pitch this to TG cause it’s more of a TG thing

Replying to me or Dave?

I’m adding to the thread