Hate thread for the recent removal of combat beheading

oh my GOD combat beheading was so useful, the removal of it completely ruins the balance for multiple antags, ie: traitor behead missions, heretic shit that requires eyes (removing eyes is super unintuitive and basically requires the person to have read the pr), and pretty much any antag play that requires round removing people in a fast way (i would much rather have my head cut off than be spaced/gibbed as a victim). The removal of this EASY and COMMON action basically gatekeeps beheading behind a playtime barrier and any new players on antags will not be able to feasibly do their stuff. There is the excuse that you can still take eyes out by plucking them out or something, but this is also super unintuitive and makes such an easy action so much more complicated by adding multiple unnecessary steps. Either way, I hope tg takes back this pr (tg coders when they ruin game mechanics :roll_eyes:). Hate thread over!!!

Daily Affirmations:

Wait I’m Goated
Wait I’m Goated
Wait I’m Goated
Wait I’m Goated
Wait I’m Goated
Wait I’m Goated

4 Likes

Beheading was an issue?? Do coders actually play the game or do they pump out awful pr’s and pretend like they’re improving it

1 Like

Make you blind? Sounds broken, how it work?

Hmm, combat might actually have people target places other than the head now.

maybe tg admins should start punishing their round removers instead of deleting an entire game mechanic

2 Likes

Eh, I can remember one too many morning grief sessions where some shitter would murderbone and just stuff heads in lockers. Good riddance.

Ahelp it or make a player report.

The excuse “Oh people who are literally breaking the rules to do this in the first place are abusing it, lets remove it.” is stupid.

That’s the same as removing removing stun batons because sec starts harmbatoning everyone every round or removing the RCD because engis start using it to deconstructing important parts of the station over and over again.

Honestly decapping is lazy RR. So im actually liking the change.

No because you can now be knocked out / confused by taking head damage

Im 50 50 about this change honestly on one hand decapping was super useful and meant that you didn’t need to drag a body all the way to chapel to get rid of it but on the other hand bluespace bodybags are now viable

decapping would be cool if the coroner was able to give people new brains using tissue