HazyAssaulter's Mod App

Byond username: hazyassaulter

Discord name: HazyAssaulter#2813

Hours you’ve been on the server: 161 living hours

When are you online or available to get on: I’m able to be on the discord server a lot from my phone. For the actual server I’m mostly limited to weekends though. I’m lucky if I get to be on for a full round during weekdays. I live in Central Timezone USA and my prime availability is afternoon/evenings on weekends.

How long have you been a mentor? (Note: only current mentors are eligible to apply for mod): Tomorrow will be 4 weeks.

Do you have prior experience being a moderator: Yes, I am a co-creator/co-admin of the subreddit /r/ffxivdiscussion, and have been actively moderating it since August 2019. I have significant experience with yeeting racists, bigots, and other assholes. I also have experience with handling ban appeals and scrutinizing the conduct of community members.

What is something you feel you do well: I believe I do well at knowing when it is appropriate to be a likable jokester (or at least, attempt to be one) and when it is appropriate to be more serious. I also put significant effort in acknowledging when I make mistakes and being receptive to the feedback of others.

What is something you wish to change: I feel like this is a difficult and thankless job and I’d like to have the opportunity to do what I can to make it easier for mods/admins. I feel I could be a significant help on grief patrol workload - if I become mod you won’t see me playing on the server if there are half a dozen unresolved patrols. I definitely don’t have a ton of free time and I can’t promise that you’ll see me moderating every weekend, but I do care about this community and I want to contribute to it in the best way I can - and I feel I would have more potential if given the opportunity to join the moderator team.

6 Likes

I’m using your app as an excuse to say I enjoyed your image :slight_smile: - also I can’t see any reason to not support this, so - supported!

3 Likes

You’ve written a great security guide, having knowledge of how to properly play security definitely plays a big role in moderator decisions. +1

1 Like

hell yea +1

1 Like

Your app has been accepted! Welcome to the mod squad!

1 Like