Imram's Ban appeal

Byond Account: Fluxah
Character Name(s): Imram Ahmad
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): mister.vain
Round ID of Ban: 28513

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Screenshot - eb8c2ec7340a8c0bbaefc420af3dd6cf - Gyazo
State your appeal:
I used a stun baton on a chef once previously in the round infront of the cap to show I have it. They then shot me with a disabler. I explained how I got it. They then uncuffed me.
I assumed this would be the end of the situation however unfortunatley the next time I went near the bar 30 or so minutes later. The chef decided to repeatedly shove me and harass me. I ignored it at first. And was going to leave the area before the bartender asked me if I wanted a drink. So I decided to ignore the chef and visit the bar. Where I ordered an orange juice. However the chef didn’t seem interested in stopping, and continued shoving me while I was taking my order to the point of the bartender shooting them for being a pest. I decided it would be better than to have the bartender kill them to bring them to security. So that they can spend some time away from me. Which is when I and the only other time used the baton and dragged the chef and cuffed them while they were stabbing me with a kitchen knife, Then I brought them to the warden and told them they attempted to murder me. Afterwards I went back to the bar. Where I recieved an admin help from my assaulter. I explained how I had found the baton from lavaland and that I took them to sec because they were harrasing me. And that I thought it was better of me to have given them to security rather than killing the chef who was stabbing me.
The admin claimed that due to me finding the stun baton from lavaland that I was infact powergaming. I then explained that I had asked a mod in that round how to use the plasma flower which is an exclusive lavaland ruin spawn. So I was unaware that there was any issue with using stuff from lavaland ruins as a non antag. If it seemed as demeaning or anything similair I apologize.
I then later explained that curators bring ruin gear to the station all to the station. Which was rude and I acknowledged afterwards. Because I then added seeing that it didn’t seem an agreement was being made. That if they think I deserve a ban they should do so, But I disagree and will be happy to appeal it. Ending the disagreement.

So to explain my main points. I didn’t believe that bringing ruin gear as a non antag to the station was against the rules. I vaguely remember an admin on the discord saying that gear found from a curator or an abandonded crate that may be powerful. (Such as the xeno ship smg or a police baton from a crate) Are fine however security may have a problem with you carrying them and have every right to remove them from you if they request so.
I also want to apologize if my messages towards the admin were seen as rude. I never had such intentions.
Also I don’t believe my actions were really greytiding. While I acknowledge my original stun was a bad way of showing I had a baton on me. And can to some degree be considered greytiding even if it wasn’t consistent I’d be happy to keep the ban. It’s moreso the clarification for the ruin gear I am interested in. Since I haven’t heard ever that taking loot from the ruins is breaking the rules.

Also I apologize for the length but there are a lot of claims. So I wanted to truly explain each claim fully.

6 Likes

This ban is valid, however it has already expired so you should be fine to continue playing now.