Karson Morris - Suicide over deconversion, ock icking

Byond Account: johnwillard
Character Name(s): John Willard
Discord Name:John Willard#6211
Round ID: 16336
Date: August 24, 2021 - ~5:00 AM (EST)
Griefer IC name: Karson Morris / Shade of Karson Morris / Artificer (560)
Griefer Byond account (if known): * Jermal254

What happened:

I was a Clown Changeling, and noticed at dorms roundstart with my ling x-ray eyes that Karson (my target) was a cultist, drawing runes, sacrificing bodies, the whole thing. Because of this, I alerted Security, hoping to make Security do the work for me, then I nab them. It fails, and they get away, so I instead job change to Security Officer, get mindshielded, and start hunting Cultists (which is fine to do anyways, I have to escape on the shuttle, so Cult’s mere existence is threatening my greentext)

After hunting Cult for a while, I manage to finally catch up to Karson Morris, and by that I mean they teleported to rune right behind me as I was explaining things to an Officer before we raided where we assumed Karson ACTUALLY was, so I stabbed them to death (luckily they had the cult -50% armor gear), brought them to Brig, and absorbed them in the security locker area, since no one was there and didn’t want the AI to suspect me of anything. After absorbing them, I noticed Karson had soulstone shards in their bag, and we had a single construct shell, so I had the brilliant idea of sharding Karson, removing any evidence that I even absorbed his old body and benefiting Security at the same time.

But once I sharded them, they said this;

At this point, I already sharded them, and wouldn’t want to throw them away to get a new body (Which I would also have to roundremove) to make this construct shell, so I put Karson in regardless. (I think I told them to make more construct shells, but I do not remember exactly to say for sure), instead of helping, he started saying this at me;
^ I was a Clown called Chief Engineer, they willingly decided to use my actual name.

They then suicided in front of the Brig, removing our only construct shell (and by extent, our only chance of having purified constructs).

I ahelped in round but there were no staff online at the time.

1 Like

Taken care of, thanks for the report!