Maxspells Mentor Application

Byond Account: Maxspells
Character Name(s): Quinn Everly, M.E.S.A
Discord Name: Maxspells
Timezone: EST
Active hours:

Depends, work has been shifting me around from mornings to late nights and in between. I’m mosl likely going to be working evenings, so late nights I will be playing the most, as well as afternoons. My job is easy, so I’m available for helping on discord pretty much throughout the whole day.

Are you interested in becoming a mod?:

No thank you

How long have you played on Fulpstation?

About two months, I think. I’m not going anywhere, and I don’t mind waiting longer if needed.

What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments?

Medbay, I’d say I finally have a very in depth understanding of the Medical Doctor role, and very good understanding of chemistry, the pH system, and purities. I know enough of viro to be competent, but I very much dislike the role (or any role that requires you to be isolated for an extended period of time) so my knowledge of that is pretty low other than the basics. I have stepped in as acting CMO on occasion, and I am finally feeling competent enough to step out of my comfort zone and start queuing CMO, although I am not that big of a fan of the the responsibilities that come with being command staff. I don’t hesitate to step up to the role when needed.

What I absolutely do have complete confidence in, would be a very in depth understanding of Fulp’s surgery system, how to work together with chemists and use their meds, how to perform almost all surgeries by heart, and overall the fastest most efficient way to get patients in and out quickly.

Medbay is very much reliant on everyone working together, and while the wiki is a great tool in learning the role, it doesn’t go in depth on some of the more specific medical care that is needed for some specific, yet certainly not uncommon occurrences. How to deal with plasma men is a prime example of this, every medical doctor should have a general understanding of how they work, yet the medical guides on TG wiki don’t mention them at all. When I was determined to learn MD, nobody seemed to want to teach me these things, and getting someone to stop surgery to explain things felt like pulling teeth during my first weeks. I would have been completely lost had it not been for the Ask Mentors discord channel. This is why I always do everything in my power to help everyone who asks me, and as such, some of our newer medbay regulars are now comfortable coming to me for questions, and I have had Fulp regulars personally drop off their newer friends to show them the basics.

I’ve even been really enjoying playing pAI, which I roleplay essentially as a medical education tool so I can focus on helping newer players learn surgeries and how to deal with patients without the pressure of feeling like I have to hold medbay together at the same time.

What are some things you’ve noticed as a player on Fulp?
People often don’t like to help. This isn’t a blanket statement that applies to the whole server by any means, but from personal experience, if it wasn’t for KOGNITY and people like Vela and Mercedes Bones, I would have been lost. And if it wasn’t for me joining the discord, I would have been feeling far too intimidated to ask my department coworkers for help for a lot longer than I did. This doesn’t feel like much of the case at the moment, as a lot of our current medbay regulars are very helpful. I understand people are rotated out, switch to other departments and move on etc. I want to continue being a person that newer players feel comfortable coming to if they have any questions. I don’t want any of them to feel like they’re inconveniencing us when they have questions or need help, which is how I personally felt for a long time during my first weeks.

I understand I haven’t been here too long, and I don’t mind waiting a bit longer if that’s the case. I’m not going anywhere, I just want more tools to be able to help people more.

5 Likes

I know my Chemist is low, but I learned almost all of my chemistry by either doing single player private servers to practice, or filling in and making meds when we didn’t have a chemist. I believe CMO isn’t on there since I was promoted by HOP as acting CMO and didn’t actually queue for the role

roles

1 Like

upboated +1, nice person & nice doctor

1 Like

-1 not a lot of hours in other jobs
+2 great person and a good doctor

1 Like

Really good medical doctor +1

1 Like

10/10 one of the best medical players. I can vouch that he is robust in chemistry. +3

1 Like

Tolerates my recent obsession with Disco Elysium, +1

2 Likes

Very active on the Discord ready to help others and a great Medical player. Even though you came off a perma ban a few months ago, +1.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

You’ve been great in the discord and have no issues the community loves you and we think you’ll be a great mentor! Accepted

1 Like