Maxspells moderator app

Byond username: Maxspells
Discord name: Maxspells#7050
Hours you’ve been on the server: 450
When are you online or available to get on:

EST late nights usually, sometimes early mornings, sometimes afternoons. Whenever I’m off work I’m usually on, and I’m almost always active on discord

How long have you been a mentor? (Note: only current mentors are eligible to apply for mod):

About three months

Do you have prior experience being a moderator:
Not really. I’ve been admin/moderator a few times for internet forums in the past, but those were tight knit communities and I didn’t have to deal with enforcing rules too often there.

What is something you feel you do well:
I’m very good at learning new things. While I may not have a lot of experience moderating, I’m very confident I can learn. I was able to go from knowing next to nothing about coding to having four merged PRs in a matter of weeks, and I’m already looking into doing another after the freeze.

I’d also say I get along well with the community. I’m good friends with a lot of the old regulars, and a lot of the newer ones too. I have never had any issues with staff or following the rules, and I think my perfect note history is a good example of that. I didn’t have any plans on being a mod when I first put in a mentor app, but being pseudo-staff and getting to know the moderators and admins made me want to help out even more. Even though it seems super intimidating and scary to learn, I’m willing to put in the work and hopefully be able to do my part to make it a better place for everyone.

What is something you wish to change:
I really like the tight ship we are running right now. I heard some horror stories about staff mishaps in the past, but I feel comfortable saying that I don’t think we’d have to worry about that again. Honestly, anything I could to do to lighten the load for everyone else would be good enough for me.

8 Likes

download

5 Likes

3 Likes

first mod app in a while. though i don’t really interact with them much in game, in the discord they seem very competent and friendly so i’m willing to give this a +1

1 Like

You’d be a great mod +1

1 Like

Level-headed and friendly, easy +1

1 Like

Nice guy, always a pleasure to play with +1

1 Like

medbay main +1 great to work with!

1 Like

vela is pretty cool +1

5 Likes

med main -1
still hasn’t played sec -1
walking glow stick -1
cool enough though +4

3 Likes

pretty great person besides being a med bay main -1. Always a very good mentor +2

2 Likes

Da medical main mod app……
+1

2 Likes

+∞

1 Like

yes. +1

+1
I personally really appreciate that he is not afraid of stating his lack of knowledge if he doesnt know something and that shows a healthy amount of level headedness when I have interacted with him.

Accepted! Welcome to the mod team!