New job: "reporter"

before reading this: please, keep in mind that I don’t have the best english so it probably have grammatical errors

1. Concept of the idea:

The idea is to having a special job who goes around the station (or space) looking for news , then he can broadcast the news through the PDA. so that the reporter can keep the all the crew informed of what is happening in the other deparmets

optional: They can also build they own Radio station. so they can transmit the news in a special comms(1).

1. Objetives of the rol

The objetives of the Reporter is bassicaly: explore the station (or space) and get information on events that are happening or that have already happened, use this new information to make news and reporter the news to the crew! . You can also Embellish the news to make it more interesting. ̶ e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶N̶T̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶

1. Equipemnt:
  • Camera.
  • Pda with a special cartridge that can send PDAs with photos to everyone.
  • Fedora.
  • Paper.
  • Universal Recorder.
  • grey/black jumpsuit
  • jacket
  • ID with extra access (maint and commisary)

concept of the clothes

1. Where they spawn?

they spawn randomly in the hallways of the station or even commissary.

1. who will play this new job?:

this rol is made for people who wants to play a more rol-based job, who wants to speak with people about that did just happens and why the clown was shoot 8 times in the head by the mime. get that information that people normally never gets. maybe the mime was a traitor! or the clown just want to get a new faces but plastic surgery was to expensive!. the reporter is so you can talk, explore and find the real truth of the events.
i’ve seen a lot of people, mostly lawyer, that alredy do this, so i already know that atlest someone is going to use it (i hope).

(1): i think they shoul have a new comms, one specially made for news , where only the reporters (and the heads) can speak, the rest of the crew have access to this comm too but they only can hear, not speak. this comms is in everyone headset and can be turn off or on. this is optional cause it will
probably requires a lot of code to do this. if they dont get the comms, i think they can spawn with a megaphone.

2 Likes

I was thinking of adding something like this, but added as a space spawner instead. And modeled after goon’s radio host.As for the comms, i dont think it would be to hard to make one, but i would have to reasearch how everything works, and it might be impossible for it to be inaccessable to everyone but the reporter. I might add it to a machine and a machine alone (kinda like goon again). But it would take a fair bit of reasearch, spriting, and mapping. Which is why it would be easier to be a spawner, i can freely map it without problems, while editing stations is problematic due to github shnanagens. Otherwise, this was a project that i was thinking of taking on when we got our repo back and stable.

Seems like a good idea, although reporter borgs and lawyers who don’t know space law are basically already this exactly

from the reporter lawset i got the idea, but some people just want to be reporter and not being a borg (or getting emmaged/ai malf). and , yes, the reporter do this job alredy but i think is better to have a specific job than just a lawyer doing a side job.