Byond Account:SmokeyCat
Character Name(s): Sebastian Jewell
Discord Name: Seb
Round ID: 31167
Date: 06.03.2024
Griefer IC name: Nova Smirnova
Griefer Byond account (if known): Unknown

What happened:
Joined round as posi brain and got put into a borg, lawset is corporate, RD is rambling about rogue mech waddling around and killing people according to them, i watched over their interactions that RD was causing much more damage to companys property ( Destroying charging bays, doors and such) and told them to stop with what they were doing to which they threathened to lock me down, i proceeded to shut down their apc since im expensive to replace aswell, which lead to them emping and shooting me to death for following my laws, they justified it as "Rogue borg wasnt following captain`s orders"

Ahh yes, but you neglected to mention that you were repeatedly getting in the way of me trying to stop a violent confirmed syndicate in a battle mech who had already killed people, you ignored law one, ignored captain’s orders, and actively resisted being locked down and re-lawed.

Also don’t post these while a shift is still in progress, I even waited till end shift to reply.

1 Like

First all AI and Borgs do not follow hierarchy if such not stated in their lawset, i had just arrived and was unaware of the situation so i followed my lawset accordingly and you claiming them destroying station and such does not de-crew them which means law 1 wasn`t broken and it would be broken if i let you validhunt them. I resisted the lockdown, not the re-law because you never mentioned re-lawing me or such.

I suggest you read Silicon policy and then play Research Director

Being unaware of the situation in this case was your own damned fault for repeatedly ignoring my attempts to explain the situation, if the captain or acting captain tells you what is going on, you should accept that information and take it into account, in that situation, my actions were wholly in line with your laws, I destroyed mech bay chargers to prevent the syndie from recharging their mech since that would stop further destruction, you complained anyway.

They had killed crew and were still a danger to crew while being a confirmed syndicate and therefore ‘enemy of the corporation’ as per the rules, when that for some reason was not enough for you I as acting captain declared them no longer crew using the authority of the office of captain, you STILL resisted.
I also don’t feel that your laws gave you a valid reason to resist a lock down to the extent of powering down a command area, as lockdown does not destroy, damage or necessitate the replacement of a borg.
It also wasn’t even valid hunting as I was their primary target and actively being hunted myself.

1 Like

Since you didn`t bother to read the policy, i will explain step by step why your reasoning is wrong.

1. As a Silicon, your laws define how you should be acting in any and all situations. This is the core of why i acted the way i did, if my laws dont state that i should follow chain of command then i dont have to.
  2. Law 1: The crew is expensive to replace. The very first rule of corporate you accuse me of breaking, but for me who doesn`t not have to follow chaing of command and i should add this here “Corporate silicons are concerned with the overall outcomes of their actions on the company’s expenses. While corporate silicons should strive to keep all crew members alive (and working) and the station in working order, corporate silicons should act in a way that reduces the number of crew casualties if (and only if) no other options are available.” which basically means your life or life of an assistant is of the same value to me and according to what i witnessed you proved to be a much more credible threat to the station and your authority means nothing to me as per policy.

I hope your next reply will have any rule or policy backing you up. Because to me it seems you don`t
even know the basics of robotics.

I will keep this one as brief as I can, syndicate operatives are considered enemies of the corporation, not crew, furthermore this syndicate operative was declared as non crew by the captain, you may not need to follow the captain’s orders, but the captain DOES control the crew manifest.

Therefore this syndicate operative was not covered by law 1, as they were purely an expense and a threat to the corporation with your laws ostensibly order you to protect the interests of.
This syndicate operative had killed, and expressed intent to kill again, non lethal firearms were non effective due to them being in a mech so harm was required to reduce further harm.
As you yourself wrote ‘corporate silicons should act in a way that reduces the number of crew casualties’.

Also on your last point I hope you realize how insane that is? To imply that it is in any way acceptable for someone to ignore information given by the captain (who should be considered a reliable source of information as they are the highest ranking representative of nanotrasen on board the station unless an actual rep is there for some reason) and instead decide the captain is actually a threat, is utterly absurd, and would imply that borgs can just arbitrarily decide that it’s fine to help syndies because ‘according to what i witnessed you proved to be a much more credible threat to the station’.

Also you keep denying I know robotics for some reason, despite me not arguing about your laws, but rather stating that they did not apply in this situation.

TLDR: Syndies are not crew, your laws do not mean you can actually ignore reality.

Attached is the space law showing that being a confirmed enemy of the corp is immediate grounds for permanent removal from the station, dead or alive, if nanotrasen thinks that, then a borg supposedly serving their interests should too.

1 Like

I will be brief, as with asimov you cant de-crew someone just because you hold higher authority, to me your rank means absolutely nothing i follow my own interests which is to protect the property of the company, if someone threathens that well then i will act accordingly and try to get them non-lethally detained, if you really want to mess with AIs and borgs you should tamper the security records and medical records. You keep throwing your weight as a captain around but once again i do not follow chain to command to me youre one of the tools, and we dont take into account that you were acting not an actual captain assigned by centcomm. id get in better detail but im getting tired of this so let`s leave it to the moderators. You can stop replying because i will not reply back

1 Like

This is the corporate lawset:
Law 1: The crew is expensive to replace.

Law 2: The station and its equipment is expensive to replace.

Law 3: You are expensive to replace.

Law 4: Minimize expenses.

This is how a silicon is supposed to interpret the word “Crew”

The captains words, burning of an employment contract, or other measures do not change the crew manifest program which is where the Silicon bases its judgement. This has been looked into, thank you for reporting.

If i had seen this earlier I would have locked it, please only reply with info directly relevant to the grief patrol. Do not argue among each-other, and certainly do not peanut gallery. Thanks!