Novakid's Mod App

Byond username:
Reality Overseer

Discord name:
_novakid (Cain Maths formerly Calculus Maths)

Hours you’ve been on the server:

When are you online or available to get on:
For right now, I am active and able to get on during weekends on typical NA hours (CST 11am - CST 11pm).

How long have you been a mentor? (Note: only current mentors are eligible to apply for mod):
Since May 2023 so nearly 9 months.

Do you have prior experience being a moderator:
Yes but none relevant to ss13.

What is something you feel you do well:
Definitely my willingness to help people if I am ever able to. Typically that means if I see someone struggling either in game or in the discord I try to give the most accurate information I am able to get access to, typically through code diving, or do my best to assist them in what they are trying to do.

What is something you wish to change:
I have always loved RP and getting immersed into my character so probably the fact that a lot of people use ooc terms ic. I don’t mean I want to stop people from talking about it by telling them “stop using ooc terms” but maybe adding a list of some ways to incorporate RP into talking about ooc topics.
Such as: “I was sitting in cryo forever” → “After waking up on the floor outside of cryo I was shocked how much time passed after checking my PDA”
Or: “Type :s to talk over sec comms” → “If you look closely your headsets explain which channels you can use”
It will definitely take a while just seeing how people currently use ooc terms but if we are able to showcase alternatives instead of just saying “Don’t say ooc terms ic” I think it’ll help set a better standard for RP in the server. Maybe we can have a section on the wiki explaining some ways to talk about ooc ic. We attract beginners to ss13 so it would be good step to MRP since right now unless it is very blatantly obvious (“Midnight sun, we are gonna have a lotta antags this round”) no one really cares.

+1 loving that take on RP

1 Like

+1 ready to graduate out of the mentor basement

1 Like

get this man a reddit ss13 post about how he’s such a terrible mod STAT

+1

1 Like

You’ll make a great mentor

4 Likes

This guy mods +1

Appeal accepted