Oregano discussion

(Comment withdrawn by administrators.)

1 Like

some fun facts about oregano from Fun Facts About Oregano - Great American Spice Company

• Oregano means Joy of The Mountain in Ancient Greek

• Ancient Greeks believed that cows that grazed in fields full of oregano had tastier meat

• When in bloom they have beautiful purple or pink flowers that are also edible

• The Ancient Greeks also believed that if you anoint yourself with oregano you will dream about your future spouse.

• It became popular in America after soldiers returned from Service in World War Two in the Mediterranean and were craving pizza its this reason it is often called the pizza herb

• When using dried oregano crush it a little in your hand to release the essential oils and flavour

• It’s a wonderful herb to add to pasta dishes especially tomato based, omelets, bread, roast potatoes, kebabs, chicken, lentils the list is endless

i enjoy incorporating a bit of oregano oil on my oregano coated pizza, as oregano oil is a natural antibiotic which will assist in me not dying, therefore leading to more oregano consumption. it should like this by the end (example image, not actual oregano)