Our Lord Spungus Ban Appeal The Third

Byond Account: Our Lord Spungus
Character Name(s): Mikhail Shepkina / Iron Curtain II
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): KanaKhanum/ OL Spungus (Obamium XXX/Unit 42 PYRAMID) #0704
Round ID of Ban: 11419
Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): (!)
State your appeal:
Hoo, boy, Slig, not sure you did your homework on this one. Let’s start with the “meta game” accusation.

Let’s go back to when I was alive. Security Officer Mikhail Shepkina (me) gets off the shuttle, fucks around a bit, goes to Brig, and sees someone, the Quartermaster, getting interrogated and basically confirmed as a syndicate traitor. He gives Mikhail the “uplink code,” upon which Mikhail leaves the area to go and input it, on suspicion that it might explode. It does, in fact, explode.

His soul remains in his severed head for a while until the Warden shoves it into a locker for some reason to make sure it can’t be revived for some reason.

Then, the message comes up: A positronic brain has been created in the Lavaland Church! (or whatever it says) So, I enter the brain and the cultist informs me that he’s going to make me an AI. Great!

So, I play around as the AI for a while, and then suddenly, in the Robotic Talk channel, I see something to the extent of the Research Director conversing over what they think is a secure channel about traitorous activities, followed by rubbing it into a derelict-constructed Engineer Cyborg’s face (which later gained the Reporter lawset and thus was able to report the activity, though it was already ign/esc time) that they can’t do anything about it. Iron Curtain II, however, has one law, to protect the Lavaland church: with the deductive reasoning that the church would be indirectly put in danger if something exploded on the station, causing debris, Iron Curtain II informs Nanotrasen’s station about the problem. Quickly the Research Director and AI (Twox Twixington and B.U.R.T. I believe) attempt to save face by accusing me of lying to try and convert the people of NT to join the Machine Cult, being the other station-board AI that was causing havoc, and some other perfectly-reasonable IC explanations about why I shouldn’t be trusted. Apparently, though, that didn’t satisfy them, and upon their inability to escape from the station thanks to not being able to find the already-departed Escape Pods, must have ahelped to start slandering me that I had JUST took the posi brain to report on the RD’s traitor status, when I didn’t know the AI was malfunctioning to begin with since I’d been Iron Curtain II for a half-hour beforehand.

So, to tackle that first accusation: No, I didn’t take the tech cult posi brain just to sell out that the RD is a traitor, and that would’ve taken a little bit of insight into the chat to debunk.

Second of all, the validhunting accusation.
“He’s also a syndicate you have 0 reason to valid hunt antags that belong to your own faction”
14691484_yes.PNG
Since WHEN is the Machine Cult established to be Syndicate, or aligned with the Syndicate in any way? This is a question I asked, and I was not met with a response. And how is it valid hunting to alert the NT station crew that there’s an immediate threat to the station, which, to the AI with laws to PROTECT their church is protecting the church from A: Possible debris from a station detonation, B: Possible NT dispatch of a kill squad to clear out all remaining facilities on Lavaland to deal with a traitor that escaped, and C: A dangerous, malfunctioning AI that may detonate cyborgs aligned with itself to cause harm?

Upon being bwoinked I was given zero time to explain anything, gibbed after one response, and then banned from the station for three days… For protecting the Lavaland church as per my single law.

I could care less about being gibbed, but being banned after being gibbed for no reason, for no reason, again, was a little overboard. Had I been told where in the lore it says that the Machine Cult is syndicate-aligned, I gladly would’ve apologized, but instead, I was met by silence and refusal to help cooperate and better understand the situation, which I was under the impression was what the job of an admin is. Even the tip of the round promotes cooperation and understanding; so, why, then, is cooperation not given? There was definite bias in favor of the research director, which was so obvious that it hurt. Even if the appeal isn’t accepted, I want to at least make it known that I feel it’s been handled incredibly incorrectly and I may be filing a staff report afterwards.

Edits are to add/remove importand/redundant pieces of the story and correct spelling errors.

With the deductive reasoning that the church would be in danger if something exploded on the station, causing debris

No it wouldnt? Lavaland is its own planet, it would not be affected at all, that’s why pods evacuate there on red alert.

And how is it valid hunting to alert the NT station crew that there’s an immediate threat to the station,

Validhunting is dealing with or helping deal with antags, you sold out the stealth antag and forced them to go loud when it just wasnt your job and wasnt related to you in any way.

Since WHEN is the Machine Cult established to be Syndicate, or aligned with the Syndicate in any way?

This is the only thing I half agree with you on, because tech cult is not alligned with anyone, they don’t care about anything but how augmented you are. They do not care if you’re NT or Syndicate, they just want you to convert to their religion (aka get augmented)

No it wouldnt? Lavaland is its own planet, it would not be affected at all, that’s why pods evacuate there on red alert.

The RD and AI were attempting to find escape pods to leave without being seen, which means they would have gone to Lavaland, thus posing a threat to the Machine Cult base, especially when the AI knows that the Traitor and malfunctioning AI are going to be in the same area as them, posing a threat if the Traitor happens to see the Machine Cult’s AI core and decides they want to take over.

I did all of this from an IC perspective, I didn’t have any vendetta against the RD, since the Quartermaster caused my death.

The RD and AI were attempting to find escape pods to leave without being seen, which means they would have gone to Lavaland, thus posing a threat to the Machine Cult base

They arent a threat, in fact its better because that means there’s more people to convert to the cult. But this is all IC, OOC, ghost roles are meant to be a way for players to play the game without messing with the current round, which is why tech cultists spawn with a circuit imprinter (so no way to get an ai core board) or even headsets

The tech cult apparently has the ability to construct AI cores, and headsets, because that’s exactly what happened. OOC, like I said, I didn’t have a problem and I had thought it might be interesting to see what was done about some poorly-planned planning.

Like I said, I don’t really mind if the appeal gets denied, but I don’t think it was right to immediately ban without talking it through. I didn’t even get time to read the second reply I got before the round ended and the ban was instated.

Tech cult can only build an AI core if the tech cult leader gets that incredibly small chance to get it from their spell, or if they steal it from the station. As for the headsets, they have to print it from the autolathe, and its not like we can remove the tech cult’s autolathe because they need cable coil to repair their augmented limbs.

The Tech Cult managed to get an AI core from the spell, then. I’m not sure how or why, all I know is that I was put into it and given the law to protect the Lavaland church. As it is said in many places, interpretation of laws is up to the AI and the Admin, which, according to the ticket, wasn’t even the problem; the problem was metagaming, which I didn’t do, and validhunting, which I would be more inclined to accept. My interpretation of the law was that external forces (and internal forces) that may pose a threat to the church are to be neutralized however possible. Syndicate Agents and Malfunctioning AIs were among those I deemed likely to pose threats to the church, among Changelings, Ashwalkers, hostile NT forces, and dangerous wildlife, to name a few others.

I’d say that RP wise, since you’re not a Nanotrasen programmed AI and you’re instead programmed by cultists that only care about augmenting, there’s no IC reason why you’d even know what a ‘Syndicate’ or ‘Changeling’ is, nor why they would be a threat to you.

Hearing words such as “kill” or other harm-oriented words in Robotic Talk sure as hell sound like threats to me.

Were they directed at you and your cult? If not, then why do you care?

Because I was given a law to protect the Lavaland church against threats. I use “Lavaland church” instead of Machine Cult because that’s what the words used were. Threats, whether directed at someone or not, tend to imply danger, and danger tends to imply threats. Being able to access the NT station’s communications, cameras, and systems, I was able to realize that, if the dangerous one took an escape pod, they would land on Lavaland, thus bringing the danger from NT’s station to Lavaland and by extension the church and cult housed within.

If it wasnt directed at you, you had no business putting your nose in places they shouldn’t be and involving yourself in things entirely unrelated to you. If a Charlie AI isnt allowed to do this stuff, neither could you

I still fail to see how an AI with PROTECT as their sole law isn’t allowed to act on this law if they feel that what they need to protect is in danger, nor does it say anywhere in the rules anything about the intention/direction of threats and/or threatening words. As I said before, I, as the AI, had learned that Escape Pods go to Lavaland, and, by extension, provide access to the church/cult. Preferring to err on the side of caution as opposed to welcoming everyone in even with context knowing they are violent, I decided that the dangerous person should be apprehended instead of allowed to evacuate to a place that could put others in danger. While an NT AI wouldn’t care about how the church fared or that a traitor was on the way to them, the MC AI would more likely decide that no, the dangerous organic thing should not go to the place where they and many others live, as that would threaten the safety and wellbeing of the church. As well the Machine Cult AI, from inferring that the NT AI had been reprogrammed for malicious intents as a result of the communication they were able to read, could see those with a knack for programming, especially with malicious intent, could pose a threat to the church’s AI, as well as any cyborgs synced to that AI. I had been playing with the mindset that “There are no bad machines, only bad people and bad programming,” and actively expressing this mindset, as well, which definitely means that it would be in character to be threatened by an AI and RD that have been identified as no bueno.

I still fail to see how an AI with PROTECT as their sole law isn’t allowed to act on this law if they feel that what they need to protect is in danger

because you’re not. You’re a ghost role making excuses to fuck with the round in progress.

as opposed to welcoming everyone in even with context knowing they are violent

This is the opposite of what tech cultists think

could pose a threat to the church’s AI

No it cant, because you’re a ghost role

because you’re not. You’re a ghost role making excuses to fuck with the round in progress.

Because I’m not what, an AI?

This is the opposite of what tech cultists think

The tech cultists think what the player behind them thinks they should think, within reason. If I’m interpreting this wrong please let me know.

No it cant, because you’re a ghost role

I was the church’s AI, created with an AI core and a positronic brain. Yes, someone that can program things is, in fact, dangerous to an AI. Ghost-created or not, an AI is an AI, and has access to every station resource it comes with normally, from the radio channels to the crew manifests to the ability to message PDAs. Why is it, then, that an AI knowing about dangerous individuals is metagaming?

Because I’m not what, an AI?

For a ghost role, that makes you a ghost role

The tech cultists think what the player behind them thinks they should think, within reason. If I’m interpreting this wrong please let me know.

More people on lavaland = more people to convert, converting people to tech cult is all they care about

I was the church’s AI, created with an AI core and a positronic brain. Yes, someone that can program things is, in fact, dangerous to an AI. Ghost-created or not, an AI is an AI, and has access to every station resource it comes with normally, from the radio channels to the crew manifests to the ability to message PDAs. Why is it, then, that an AI knowing about dangerous individuals is metagaming?

Having access =/= permission to use the tools that come with it. You were created with a single purpose in mind, and you abused it to instead validhunt crew on a station entirely unrelated to you. Tech cultist dont know what changelings or the Syndicate are, they’re just tech cultists, how could they program an AI to kill things not even they know exist

There is nothing in the rules against new AIs using radios/PDAs.
I was created with a single purpose in mind, to protect the church. Before that I also had the purpose of spreading the word of the Omnissiah, but that was removed- Instead I was told I could if I wanted to, and not that I had to. While the Tech Cult may not know what Syndicates or Changelings are, the AI they created most certainly could learn. Artificial Intelligence is called Artificial Intelligence and not Advanced Robot for a reason: something intelligent is constantly learning and mentally adapting to new situations. Take into example Skynet. Skynet was created as an AI linked to a defense grid and told to protect humanity (or America, I don’t remember). By learning about the thing it was intended to protect it decided that its greatest threat was itself and thus took action to destroy the threat. Similarly, Iron Curtain II learned about traitors from the station’s Communication Relay and took action to recognize traitors as threats to the church and those within it, starting by informing the Station that they had a traitor onboard and that their AI was likely subverted; all things that it had learned from its time monitoring the communications.

This appeal is rude as hell and not appropriate at all. This isn’t how you convince someone to take your side. Not even looking into this.

Appeal denied.

1 Like