Probably self antaging

Byond Account: BigDongPingPong
Character Name(s): Ezekiel Coates
Discord Name: Rod
Round ID: 31224
Date: 10/03/2024
Griefer IC name: Axl Brady
Griefer Byond account (if known): SinfulBliss

What happened: I was CMO, since there was only me and the CE, i took the role of acting cap. Bounty hunters showed up, i viewed it has a chance to have cool interactions and rp. The bounty hunters did fire their guns at their target in medbay, and understandably, axl thought they were hostile. An altercation issues, one of the bounty hunters ends up dead, and axl strips him of his gun (and probably all his stuff, but im not sure). I tried to make amends with sec and the bounty hunters, so we could have a little rp, instead of the kill antag win game mentality. After that, i contacted axl to retrived the bounty hunter’s stuff and to just let them do their job. He refused. I confronted him in person and (probably) stated it was an order, he refused and ran off. I naturally followed the code and set him wanted for dereliction. I decided that i wouldn’t go after him myself, and let sec do their job. He would ran off everytime he saw me or other officer. Then i noticed he purged his record so we wouldn’t catch him. Now, supposedly clone of barney barney calhoun actually tried to arrest him, but failed, so axl stripped him all of his gear, but i have no confirmation on this.

After that, i contacted axl to retrived the bounty hunter’s stuff and to just let them do their job. He refused.

This is incorrect. I agreed to stay neutral after the initial altercation. I said so multiple times. But I did not agree to retrieve the Bounty Hunter’s shotgun and return it to him as a security officer. He is a Bounty Hunter. They landed their ship, which is essentially a pirate ship, smack dab in the middle of chapel, destroying the pathway to that entire section of Pubby. I am not going to aid an antagonist in his objectives to capture whoever it is they need to capture.

You held onto the spare the entire round as CMO acting cap. That itself isn’t allowed, but further, you tried to order my arrest for, apparently, not returning the Bounty Hunter shotgun (which I told you I disposed of), which is a very strange reason to demote and arrest an officer. I assume it’s because of a metagrudge since you’ve said things about me in OOC plenty in the past. Regardless, obviously I removed my arrest record after you did this since I don’t want to get attacked by Beepsky as an officer. None of the officers or warden even agreed with you, the officer Dick thought you were a “shitter” and the warden sided with me. You were the only one who wanted me arrested.

Barney unfortunately arrived late and tried to arrest me, but got quickly stopped by the warden and other seccies. After he was cuffed the warden stripped most of his gear and I helped them. He kept resisting and escaping trying to evade demotion until we finally got him out of brig.

Alright this was a lot to dig through. So some of these things are IC issues and basically arguing over things that should be handled IC. Currently on fulp I believe our general consensus is that bounty hunters are designed to be antagonists and fugitives as sort of “guests”. It is up to the individual crewmembers to ultimately to decide whether or not to help the fugitives, but overall helping or aiding the bounty hunters is something crew shouldn’t be doing since it goes against their whole design.

Based on that, I don’t think Axle did anything against the rules by refusing to give back the shotgun outright, it would just be insubordination at worst and an IC issue against the acting captain. He never used the shotgun, and so it’s not powergaming. That being the basis of this makes everything seem kind of silly, since it is literally a minor charge everyone is kind of getting upset over. I don’t care about Axle clearing his own record, that’s IC. My only real issue is the other sec officer getting stripped of literally all their stuff and stuffed in disposals for just trying to follow captains orders. This was all over a simple insubordination charge at this point and is something I don’t think should have happened. Either way, it’s sort of a mess and I don’t see anyone doing anything in bad faith other than robusting a sec officer and stripping them of their things so I’m going to close this and talk to them about that.

thanks for the report!