ֆ₳ßⱠ€'s Mentor App

Byond Account: SableSteel
Character Name(s): Liytxu Ryn, Syrial J’Naii, Kado Valencia
Discord Name: ֆ₳ßⱠ€#0001
Timezone: PST
Active hours: My hours are fairly sporadic and I’m not super active on this server as a whole, so I can’t really give a set active hours
Are you interested in becoming a mod?: No

How long have you played on Fulpstation? I joined in feb 2022, I have about 460 living hours

What departments are you able to be a mentor for? Can you elaborate on your experience in those departments? Engineering, Science, Borg, Medical and Service. I don’t have much time on fulpstation but I am very active on Skyrat, where I am an admin, and they both are downstreams of tg. Because of this, I also have experience answering mhelps; I’ve been answering them all the time on Skyrat already and I love seeing the little purple mhelp text pop up because it means people are learning - and it also means that they are correctly using the mhelp feature instead of jumping straight to an ahelp, which is always nice lol. I’m also vaguely familiar with the code, and am more than willing to code dive if there’s an mhelp question that I don’t know the answer to. That being said, because Fulp is not my main server, I feel more confident giving advice about the mechanics than I do about the Fulpstation rules.

What are some things you’ve noticed as a player on Fulp? Fulp has a lot of new people. That’s what draws me to it. Skyrat doesn’t allow new ss13 players on, so I only come to Fulp when I feel like I want to help teach new people - and I think having the mentor role would help me be able to help others better.

I’ll be honest, there’s probably a number of red flags in my application, so I’ll try to address some of them here, see if we can make this process as streamlined on y’all as possible:

I do have a concerning ban/note history on here. I fully admit that I was in the wrong on those cases, but I do have two reasons I think you should overlook them as far as this application goes: I’ve matured as a ss13 player since I got that ban and that note. While I might not have much time on fulpstation since then, I have over 1000 hours on other servers in the interim, and, yeah, I was kind of a little shit who took myself way too seriously on here. I think I was just spending too much time on one server and I was letting it get to me, now that I’ve taken a step back and allowed myself to focus more on the RP elements than the mechanics, I’m a much more relaxed player. Secondly, these notes aren’t due to abusing metaknowledge or the sort of stuff that would affect my integrity as a mentor. From my time as a Skyrat admin, I definitely consider myself to have a good grasp of how to keep OOC knowledge away from what I know IC.

Sorry about the long application; thanks for reading and I hope you have a good one.

2 Likes

This app is great, good player and hours, the only issue honestly is that you’re currently staff on another server, and our staff code of conduct document specifically prohibits that.

The document isn’t public so it’s not your fault for not knowing ahead of time (to be honest, I’m pretty sure this is the first instance of this happening) but I see this app getting denied due to that. :frowning:

+1 yayyy

Unfortunately, as Max mentioned, we don’t accept applications from staff from other servers. Not including this in our public mentor requirements is an oversight on our part, and we’ll make sure we make that clearer in the future.