Warden tantrum over no promotion

Byond Account: Cinbo (For oodlesofnoodles)
Character Name(s): Mothella
Discord Name: Cino (For ducksosmall)
Round ID: 31824
Date: 18/04/2024
Griefer IC name: Bob Bobbington
Griefer Byond account (if known): Unknown

What happened: (Friend doesn’t want to report so I will)
He came to the HOP line roundstart as warden and asked to become HoS, was told no but came back later and asked again with the answer still being no. Put a note on the desk saying, “I have a bomb” and asked again, was still told no. He comes back again soon later and points a makarov at him saying, “I have a gun”, “Make me HOS” and was told no again. Asked for his ID and turned him into an assistant, demoting him. He immediately pulled out his laser gun and tried to kill Mothella, who almost died but survived. Camped outside of the bridge waiting for Mothella to come out, gave up and left. Later died and when the chef offered to revive Mothella, Bob Bobbington told several people to not. He was later rehired as warden due to lack of security, gets demoted again and asks to be executed, then goes SSD.

I mean HOP shouldn’t promote or demote security. So justified?

I have no round context but in my eyes hop was in the right 100%. I don’t see a reason hop can’t demote a crew member with just cause, since he can already make someone acting, why can’t he demote? Wardens behavior should grant him shadow realm access I give you that.

3 Likes

I was chef this round. To my memory the Warden wasn’t a particularly outstanding one prior to his demotion. The main example being that he had tried to permabrig the clown for slipping people.

1 Like

I’m not saying the warden is right but really department heads should manage promotions and demotions inside a department. It should be the head of securities job to decide if the warden is doing a good job or not.

Not someone who has minimal interaction.

if there was no HOS it’d be up to HOP, then, no? I don’t know if there was one, but I’m assuming that’s how it goes

There was no HOS when he got demoted, he only got promoted and demoted again when an HOS arrived and decided.

The player in this report was permanently banned for an unrelated matter. Thanks for the report!

1 Like