Why do you play HoP?

Curious to see what you lot have to say :)

2 Likes

Whenever I played HoP a long time ago I was always asked for job changes, not to actual jobs but to gimmick jobs which I loved. People wanted their job to be renamed to something like “skater” or “tax collector” or “painter” and it’s always fun to help someone complete their gimmick.

5 Likes

spite

4 Likes

I love the feeling of watching people suicide with oxy tanks in the line upon being forced to do a simple form

12 Likes

To spite paperwork hops

3 Likes

watching the AI or a borg spam the queue shutters on people when I can flash them

2 Likes

Easy Access to Ian/Yann to give him all the Pets.
Also Getting to be helpful in General and Roleplay

4 Likes

I almost never play hop, but when i do, it’s entirely roleplay related and because it’s a simple yet necessary job. Also will play hop if we’ve had a paperwork hop recently just to spite them by being the more fun hop

2 Likes

I started playing HOP just to get hours towards unlocking captain. I later realized I don’t want to be captain most of the time.
I continued playing HOP because I love bureaucracy from some inexplicable reason and HOP is extremely good at doing that. You can hand out paperwork, have other people stamp it, stamp it yourself, have people fill it out, file it, copy it, give people copies of it, fill it out yourself. Pure bliss.
I also like giving people funny names for jobs and I think generally HOP is one of the easiest jobs on the station. Not easiest command job. Easiest job. It’s very relaxing.

4 Likes

I like doing paperwork. I like order. I like organization. It’s fun pissing people off with paperwork :-)

1 Like

when i do play its because i like to annoy people with one of the many features the HOP has attached to their line such as the tickets and paperwork

1 Like

i do it because there often isnt one also i like messing with people when they need a new id if they misspell
their name or say something else i will put that as their name i also always wanted to do paper work but in a roundabout way like if you push in line i will put people in a time out booth to fill out those sheets you did in school whenever you did something bad

2 Likes

This makes me wanna play a bad speller hop