Ban Appeal - PeeHoo (A Case of Context)

Byond Account: PeeHoo
Character Name(s): Orion
Discord Name (ie: Name#1234): Valentine335#7938
Round ID of Ban:26196

Ban Message (Gyazo/imgur or copy and paste): Screenshot - cd7f343d25d2f921bc7a77229526612c - Gyazo
State your appeal:

Hello I would like to request an appeal to a ban I received due to a grief patrol post.
(Link to post Assistant Chef Larp Gone wrong)

TLDR: Chef made a grief patrol about me and left out all the context of him antagonizing me and just posted results.

I will explain my side of the situation and then address what he said in his grief patrol post. I have already been banned and cannot provide screenshots from my end but can explain the context he left out in his screenshots. Please try to read this with an open mind as I cannot load into fulpstation and screenshot text to display what he did. (Holy crap this is long but there is so much needed context I had to add)

The round started and I got assistant so I did what any assistant would do and go look for cool clothes. I walked passed the kitchen and saw 1 of the chefs throw his apron and hat onto the public chef counter (the place where they put their food to serve to crew) and leave it there and walk away. So I walked up and put them on, I then threw a donut box and it landed on the chef side of the kitchen so I started to climb the counter to retrieve the donuts when another person just threw them away. I was mid animation and there is that little cooldown before you can move again when climbing tables so right when I got onto the table the chef Martin Maneli Montagu (Olafdankinson) wanted to stop me from climbing so he ran up to me and shoved me. I had no intention of doing anything further but as you can see in his first screenshot on the grief patrol post used multiple hurt actions on me in the kitchen so as a chef they were destroying my health. In his first screenshot you can see him do all the of actions against me and before I do anything to him I say “No” “Just clothes” “stop”. He takes the apron and puts it down garbage disposal so he clearly didnt want it he just also didnt want me to have it. He then chased me out of the kitchen so I grabbed a chair and threw it at him over and over while he just chased me. You can see that in the screenshot as well as him grabbing a chair and hitting surrounding objects in an attempt to hit me.
Both chefs continued to chase me and eventually due to chair throwing Martin Maneli Montagu fell crit and the bartender shouted for us to stop so the remaining chef and I stopped. Martin was taken to med and I left to rp. I befriended a geneticist and was having fun doing genetics. 5-10 mins go by and I leave genetics only to find Martin Maneli Montagu with a baseball bat, he instantly just rushes me and crit then kills me. I get taken to medbay to get revived. Told my geneticist friend and we made hulk mutation and I used it on myself for if Martin returned. My character got hungry so I went to kitchen for food and in the public hallway by the kitchen Martin was just standing there with his baseball bat. He just ran up to me and that leads to his second screenshot. I was a hulk so I won very easily and dragged him to the coldroom and put him on the meatspike. A paramedic arrived literally within 10 seconds of me putting him on the spike and asked if there was a body. I let the paramedic in he took him and left no problem.
He is revived again and attacks me for a third time and sends me to medbay. I am revived and remember telling myself “this is so stupid its literally never gonna end.” So I just avoided him for most of the remainder of the round. Eventually there was a space ninja and as hulk I thought it would be fun to challenge him so I looked around for him myself and the quartermaster found the ninja and dueled him and won. And after that It leads to his final screenshot where he is dead once again because after I left the space ninja fight I was wounded and Martin found me and started shoving and hitting me so I hit him back and he fell crit and died.
In his post he claims I “taunted them for calling sec and not escalating further” I was making a joke because both chefs were literally trying to murder me one just failed and the other stopped cause the bartender had a gun. I said “You started this and are now calling sec.” That was my “taunting” for him calling sec. He claims he “called sec instead of escalating it further” when I was on red blinking HP and barley conscious due to his actions, he already escalated it over an apron that he proved he didn’t want. He shoved and attacked me multiple times while I typed asking him to stop and saying they are just clothes then ran from him while throwing chairs so he would leave me alone.

This entire round was a chef hunting me over losing a fight he started over an apron he didnt want. He would constantly return to me and antagonize me and the screenshots he provided are the aftermaths of his actions. I understand and apologize for the cold room incident I think that is why when the paramedic arrived I was immediately forthcoming with the information to the chefs body. I never prevented him from getting revived but am I supposed to let this chef constantly antagonize me? He paints a scenario where I hunted him throughout the round when It was the opposite, he would see me walking through the halls and chase me down to start something with me. I just did genetics for most of the round and helped crew hunt the ninja this shift and in-between that he would literally run up and attack me. The post he made paints me as just a crazy rdm lord who nonstop hunted him when in reality ive never done that. He either intentionally or unintentionally left out the parts of him antagonizing me for the rest of the round and just posted the results.

I am really sorry for the lengthy post but I really hope and pray you read it all as I have received a permanent ban from my favorite server that I play almost every night. His post leaves out all of his actions towards me and important context from the situations. I have done my best to explain what happened without access to my own personal screenshots. This was a situation that kept escalating due to player frustration but I do not think this ban is just in my opinion because this whole scenario would never of happened if he didnt stop trying to kill me. It was almost comical how many times I saw the name Martin Maneli Montagu chasing after me that shift. I played multiple shifts that night and the only problem I had in all of them rulewise was this chef constantly trying to murder me. I had received a temp ban recently for a completely unrelated issue and since have been trying to play better within the rules. To my knowledge of the Escalation Clause 1.1, he was trying to murder me the whole shift so I fought him back. Escalation 1.2 I never prevented him from being revived, and in the meathook incident I put him on the hook then let a paramedic in immediately after to send him off to medical. Anyway this situation was completely ridiculous and there were so many times that shift I clicked “adminwho” hoping someone logged on so I could ask them to tell him to stop. No admins were ever on but since his attempts in killing me usually ended in his death I didnt get around to or feel the need to grief patrol it. The current situation now is he grief patrolled me and left out TONS of context leading to me getting permad. I really hope this post gets read and resolved, thanks for the help and your time. :smiley:

In our template we have in bold letters to keep appeals brief. This is 7 paragraphs and 7439 characters.

This is not going to be reviewed until you simplify it. Doing ban appeals isnt writing a short story in school it’s just giving us a brief run down of the situation and why you think the ban should be lifted. We have game logs that show us everything we just need some information from you explaining the context not a story on it.

4 Likes